BMW order questions

there is porsche’s but then there being marked up, there is f-paces and yet again markups . the glc is flat out ugly on the inside. q5 if priced very similar to the x3. Any other good options? On jagaur when dealerships dont have the markup they “can’t” sell out of state since there “aren’t” allowed to as it’s dealer policy as I won’t be going back to them for service

what do you think is better at this cost of ownership? your comment actually makes more sense now that i think about it

I think your lowest depreciation in this segment (premium 2-row SUV) will be the Lexus RX. It’s been the rockstar of value retention since… well basically since it was introduced.

If you’re prepared to spend a little more, the next best is probably the GLE.

Lexus is solid but i already own a rav 4. A melted down version of the lexus. GLE is nice might check that out.
would a f-pace in your opinion be worse than a x3?

IDK if there’s a more forgotten SUV in this segment than the F pace. Maybe the I pace and E pace are the only things that have disappeared from everyone’s radar quicker.

Yeah stay away from Jaguar.

If you want something European other than the GLE, look at the Cayenne and Macan.

Stelvio as a European SUV is pretty good car. Very fun to drive.

You can find without markups (possibly discount even) and mf looks pretty low if you want to lease.

So does the RV.

I did not get any discounts and I leased it

My wife has a 2020 X3 xDrive30i, it is a great car…never in shop for other than oil changes…it is peppy, decent handling (SUV after all), great gas mileage, solid/quiet, nice looking and great build quality.

the infotainment is so wack for it being a european

I don’t use anything other than android auto/carplay so doesnt really matter for me but you may be right. That car is mainly focused on driving pleasure.

Bmw took years to bring in android auto and touch screen. It was horrible to use for years. I think with the addition of touch screen it is better now.

Neither Mercedes nor Bmw were leaders in terms of entertainment system. They were far behind regular brands in terms of usability. Now they are good (still not the best imo)

X3 is a solid car. Does everything really good. You should go for it then if you need to but now.

Mercedes is stepping it up finally :sweat_smile:

I really like the interior of new Mercedes’.

1 Like

Yes but none of those qualities are particularly unique to the X3. And a 2020 never being in the shop for repairs is not a particularly high bar.

And what it doesn’t do well is hold value. It’s not a car you can put miles on without thinking twice about it. Once you’re past the low 40K miles or 40+ months range you’ll start wondering when to dump it. There’s an inflection point in their values just as they’re getting close to exiting their warranty.

2 Likes

Almost 3 years and 30K miles with no problems is not a lowlight either…I’ve kept BMWs past warranty and relied on a good independent for maintenance/repairs so that’s what we will probably do with this car too…and, oh yeah, with the deal I got on it the offered values online from various places have been within a few K of what I paid for it almost 3 years ago.

That has something to do with the supply chain crisis. As max pointed out earlier, what were x3 value’s before covid? What do you think will happen to your x3’s value when everything comes back to earth?

Also to max’s point, a 3 year old car with 30k miles should never be in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintainence

1 Like

Future value not really a concern of mine. I pay cash for cars and generally keep for awhile. It’s a good vehicle is all I’m saying. I’ve had BMWs and other cars with many more problems quicker than this one.

1 Like

I guess none of premium brands are great at holding value. X3, glc, q5. If he is set his heart on a premium brand i assume he already accepted that fact.

And i kept an f30 3 series for 7 years/70k miles. Definitely they are not the best for keeping long term. Right at the point warranty expires I started to have issues.

glc and q5 hold value a tad bit better than the x3.
If the car can take me from a to b for 6 years without needing constant service the value doesn’t matter since it did what it was supposed to do

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.