BMW October Lease MF

Yes, I get that. I just don’t want to deal with having to shop 10 dealers. Two dealers already said they can only do 5% off.

I have a broker working on it. Nothing is signed yet.

5% of the lease cost, not 5% of the MSRP

:thinking: So which is it?

6 Likes

he is saying $200 on the deal not per month lol, who cares if the mf is marked up if you are getting a good discount and the monthly you want, my last bmw lease(5 series) was marked up 20 pts but nobody anywhere could touch 26/27% discount pre incentive. Should I have cried for base mf and let that deal slip? dealer wrote that car off as a loss and recouped something back from the mf.

Dealers are in the business to make money, if they started handing out unicorns to everybody then they wouldn’t be in business anymore, no pity here for dealers but don’t be an a**hole on every little detail if you get to a good deal (except extras don’t add those) doc fees, registration, etc. etc. the dealer sometimes makes money on those as well, it’s just part of the business.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone cares about the dealer marking up the mf if there is an accompanying discount as a result. They care about dealers being dishonest about it.

1 Like

most are up front if you ask from what I have seen, either they will do base or they won’t. obviously going in person is a whole different situation.

Thank you! Exactly my point

Let me start off with saying Tesla is not ripping people. They are pretty much cutting the middle man(the dealer) so you are getting a good deal to start with. Imagine if they were not corporate run, the prices prol would be 30 to 40% higher on teslas. I am a businessman too, its upto me to decide if I can live with the profit I am making, if its not worth it for me, I can respectfully say no to the customer without telling them a lie, and dealers can do the same. As for your business, if thats how you treat your customers, I just wont come back. If a dealer does that to me, I just wont go back to them, and just so you know, they make a lot of money from service, so they will still treat me well when I go in for service to keep getting my business.
For the miami dealership, whoever bought it I am sure ran numbers, and they would have only bought it if it makes financial sense. If you really think about it, they can recoup the money with other expenses in 5 to 7 years being in Miami. There are a lot of bonuses and performance allowances in the car industry, so the dealers have a lot of motivation. Even your toyota and honda dealers make an average of 20 to 25% on a sale. Also, on the leases most of the times when they lose money, its the manufacturer whose actually losing the money, not the dealership per say.
If it works for you and your neighbor, great, but it doesnt necessarily work for everyone. And I have always been that guy, but everytime I walk in the dealership, they still respect me and I respect them. Hack, I have couple dealers who would call me if they are short on their number or really need to move an unit. Lastly, if you dont really care about saving money, why are you on this forum (not saying you cant be, just curious because at the end of the day, that is the goal of this site)

I mean as you saw, the dealer totally lied, and its not as much the money, its also about the principle behind it.

2 Likes

Obviously I know he is talking about 200 to 300 total, and not a month. If there is a way to save that by spending extra 5 mins, I am going to do that.if you really want something or if you think its a good deal, sure go for it. I know they are in business to make money, and trust me they make plenty. If you go in and dont negotiate, they do not have a problem making 30% on a deal, and most of the people dont know enough about all the discounts that the hackrs here know, so dont worry the unicorn deals are not being handed out to everyone by the dealers. Also, think about this, how many dealers have you seen go out of business? I am guessing your answer would be 0. How am I an a**hole trying to save my hard earned money? The thing people need to understand is, they are only going to sell/lease car to you if it makes sense for them, they are not selling it to do you a favor or be nice

I can relate to this. It’s OK you mark it up as long as it’s open and deal is mutually agreed.
Last deal I worked on, dealer offered 0.00128 as I walked in however we didn’t agree on the selling price. He called me the next week told me he can discount more to where I wanted, guess what, this time MF was 0.00168 and he didn’t even admit it was 0.00128 during the first meet. The monthly payment is HIGHER. Really?
“Our finance girls need that for a living and this is a family owned business”

2 Likes

I like it. Salespeople who don’t like customers who question the numbers and don’t like customers who take test drive are scum…

1 Like

I would tell him if the girls don’t feel like they make enough money at the dealership, there are plenty of extra work/side jobs they could pick up in this booming economy, including some that are not family-oriented … …

3 Likes

I have seen dealers go out of business the internet made things great for us tough on dealers. I’m just saying you get to a point of diminishing returns when you start to negotiate $5-$10 off monthly and it annoys the heck out of dealer’s and/or your ca. I just keep an open mind going in, and ask dealers if they can meet where I want and if not be straight up about it.

as long as your monthly goes down technically he’s using the mf to make it on the backend, so say. your previous monthly was $100 but now it’s $80, he discounted the car and then tried to make it on the backend.

Yes it’s sneaky but if you dont ask for the major details it’s on you, like I said ask and most of the time dealers are up front, yeah that finance excuse I have heard a million times. Nothing new.

You’re so clueless it’s crazy… why don’t you actually do the research and see how many dealers really go out of business? Your think your doing them a favor by buying a car from them at no profit? Just because the store is still standing there doesn’t mean it’s not new ownership or now factory owned because it went out of business. The store i deal with changed ownership 3 times in 12 years.

And Tesla is ripping you off FYI… why is a Tesla worth MSRP and other cars are not? Because you decided?

Not to get into some big forum battle, but dealers make a deal because it is in their best interest…even if it is a unicorn deal. For some reason(s), via their “step” incentive plan, the car has sat for a while, flooring costs, volume bonuses, trunk money, etc., new model year is coming, desire for future service business, they make a deal for a reason. It doesn’t mean this reason will hold true for every car or time of the month.

When leasing, the only way a deal happens is when both the buyer and seller see value in conducting the transaction at a given price. If the price is too low, the dealer won’t bite. If the price is too high, the buyer won’t bite.

Regarding what a car is worth and Tesla…if most people are willing to pay MSRP, then the car is roughly worth MSRP. Just because their pricing model is different doesn’t mean that it’s wrong. It’s all supply and demand - Supras and Civic Type R’s are going for over MSRP because people believe they are more valuable than MSRP - that’s likely a temporary thing, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Agree. And dont take me wrong there are good dealers, but the way the car business is, most of them are not straight forward and lie.

Very well put!! Its a 2 way street, so until it works for both, the deals not going through.

I am getting what I want and they are getting what they want. Neither is doing a favor on the other. As long as the store is there, it says that there is money. Even if its new owner, the deal would have only happened after the buyers would have ran the number and thought it was profitable to buy it. If the ownership keeps changing, that doesnt mean they are losing money, I will tell you if they are aggressive, they are making money. The ones that you say are going out of business prol dont care about customer service or dont know/dont care in making deals. Those prol are the dealers that want to make 30% on each sale. We have a dealership in town that changed hands and within 8 months, they went from selling 120 cars a month to 230 cars a month average. The last owner was making money and this one is too. This one has a lower margin but is prol making more due to the volume.
As for Tesla, please compare the msrp and the manufacturing price. Tesla doesnt inflate the msrp like some manufacturers do. Also, Tesla makes what other car companies havent been able to, and thats the reason they are worth msrp. Basic rule in business my friend - SUPPLY & DEMAND.
Also, I dont understand if you have so much money, and you dont want to save, what are you doing on this site?

1 Like