BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

Not really. BMW would only lock in the programs if you were placing an order on a custom build.

In late September, I placed an order for a custom build and the dealer at the time absolutely refused to even let me fill out a credit app saying it is only good for 60 days and we do not want to have to run your credit again if there any delay in the build.

I waited as they suggested and was hit the was MF hike (ugh) regardless, I filled out a credit app through BMWusa.com last Friday and specified the dealer who placed the order. I got a fairly upset phone call about why didnā€™t I alert them first before filling out the app as they would have had me come in an fill one out in person rather than use the on-line one.

To this day I really do not understand why the cared one way or the other as my car in on the RORO and due in mid to late November and even if it is late, I really do not see it going past December, so there was really little risk to filling the app out or am I missing something?

My wife asked if maybe they use a different form or something and have some extra way of making money off their form which they do not get paid for with the BMW online app, but I sort of discredit that.

Regardless it is making me a little nervous about using them at all as it just seemed a little shady.

Hmm, and here I am about to fill out an app. in an attempt to lock in MF just in case we donā€™t close on something tmrw ā€¦

Yea some dealers might do it to honor a deal they already offered you but itā€™s a huge grey area. And with rising rates, the manufacturers would not allow it if they saw it as a strategic maneuver like that.

Eager to see incentives for lease for Novemberā€¦:nerd_face:

Has anybody heard of this?
ā€œWhen you go with a loaner you lose $1000 of the incentive.ā€
I understand the lower RV, but not any changes to incentives offered from BMW US.

Thanks, I am not going to do this if it is frowned upon.

Someone is giving you a line of BS, if the car has less than 5k on the clock.

4,600 - that was my understanding, just confirming. Thanks.

@BMW_Dave Do you have updated information for the month of November yet?

Heā€™s probably just getting out of bed. Itā€™s 7:30 on the West coast. Give him a minute to get his coffee.

4 Likes

@mp11477 I completely forgot about that :rofl:

Official BMW USA lease offers lists seemingly upped BMW X2 credit to 3250 from 2750ā€¦

Seriously! Lol. I was still trying to get my little ones ready for school. Iā€™m in the office now but it takes a little while to print off the book of programs and then compose the new grid and bullet points. It is coming today but please be patient. I can tell you thisā€¦I heard that there really isnā€™t much changed, except regional rates (financing) went up again. Other than that we will know shortly

1 Like

Checking the BMW website, from a quick glance, looks like things might be worse. Maybe they are still updating but so many popular cars have no incentives listed. Nothing on the X3, nothing on the 330i, same incentives from last month on the 5 series.
For oct they had a $5k credit listed for the 330e, now nothing shows up so maybe they are still pushing it out?

Everyone needs to relax, take a deep breath and be patient. No use in speculating and clogging up the post when @bmw_dave said he would provide the info.

None of you are currently en route to a dealership, nor are you planning on going today. November just started. Thereā€™s still 29 more days to go. I canā€™t, for the life of me, understand why every month there are people that need these numbers at 8:30 in the morning on the first day of the programs when the salesman donā€™t even have them yet.

10 Likes

While I will agree that people should be patient with people like @bmw_dave, I do think there are people looking to buy soon as the available 2018 models that make for leasehackr deals are becoming more rare. If the numbers magically got better I could/would buy something today.

1 Like

Based on my rudimentary math, it appears that the MF is .00182. Beyond that, we will have to see what @BMW_Dave serves up. (Thanks in advance Dave!)

Was almost done but just had a client show up. I will be back shortly. MF is .00182 FYIā€¦

On the flip of that, youā€™re pretty unlikely to get a ā€œleasehackrā€ deal on the first day of the month.