BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

My dealer is telling me that my incentives are taxable. I have Costco ($1500) and an OL Code (1000). I was under the impression that those were non taxable. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

Depends on your state. A lot of states treat rebates and incentives as taxable

nalyd - I am in California.

How do you get the OL Code $1000 ?

I attended the Ultimate Drivers Experience and they sent me an OL Code afterwards.

Costco is combining the $500 with the $1000 conquest for the 5 Series.

I haven’t heard anything to that effect.

Honestly I have seen dealers quote both ways. Not sure how their final contract lines out but their quotes always look inaccurate to me. At our store OL Codes and Corp Fleet come off the price. The others are taxable rebates (per BMW).

1 Like

I’ll add that how rebates and incentives are taxed is largely dependent upon your state. Up here in Washington, basically everything gets taxed because of how the statutes are written. Back in PA, the rules were a bit more granular about what kind of rebates are taxed vs. untaxed.

1 Like

Thx for answering questions. The current $2500 APR credit is for both financing and leasing x5. If I were to finance thru BmwFS to get the $2500 rebate, how soon can I pay off the entire amount? Am I liable for the interests of the entire 60 mos or just the x months allotted before I am allowed to pay off? What other fees could be associated with paying off early? What’s the current finance rate and can it be negotiated? Thanks

1 Like

You can just Google all these questions.

2 Likes

Is ol code dealer specific or can be used at any dealership?

I believe it can be used everywhere but you might want to ask the CAs on this forum.

Should be able to use it at any dealer. I used the OL code that I got through this link with a SoCal dealer. Had no problems with it.

Here is the link for the OL code that others have posted on this forum
http://winatriptothefareast.eventsbmw.com/?token=ttpaidfb&kwp_0=746141&kwp_4=2621107&kwp_1=1111932

2 Likes

I’ve not had any luck with verifications of Tasting Table OL Codes so be cautious about expecting that extra dough.

1 Like

@BMW_Dave on vacation? :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi Dave - I have a threat going about an M40 loaner in MN. They are reducing the residual to 57.7% when the unit has only 3800 miles (they said they account for .25 per mile). Are these guys giving me a fair deal? Below are the details (everyone on the thread just shreds it without offering any real context…)

The bmw loaner residual calculation is vehicle miles -500 x.25 per mile. In your case 3800-500 = 3300 x .25 = 825 subtracted from the residual value. This is set by bmw. The dealer can not screw you on it, the deal would be kicked out by bmw financial.

The car just leases poorly. But specifically this is why your deal is not good.

The forum members here have a lot of knowledge and experience. Just because you don’t like the advice doesn’t mean it’s not good. Like others have said look outside your market and get on a plane or have it shipped. You said it yourself the dealer isn’t budging so either pay or move on.

I’ve been reading through this, but am a little confused about the Costco incentive. If I have Costco, fleet (through my company), and loyalty, how much in incentives would I be able to apply after negotiating the selling price of a loaner/demo 2018 330i xDrive? Thanks!

1. Costco is over…doesn’t matter now as BMWFS pulled the plug early.

2. Costco + Fleet can’t be combined. It’s either/or and a 500 incentive. Fleet is ending at the end of this month temporarily for 4th quarter.

3. Loyalty + Lease cash can vary by zip. You can find your info on BMWUSA using the store you plan on buying at’s zip. Most zip codes will get the following, however, on a 3 series:
    Lease cash: 3,000
    Loyalty: 750
    Fleet (If you qualify): 500

4. Loaner has to have less than 5k on the clock to qualify for any incentives. A car with 5001 miles can still be leased, but you lose incentives.

5. If you’re lucky, you can also find a 1,000 OL code to add to the above incentives. Search the forum as there are some links.

6. Don’t forget to apply for BMWCCA post sale rebate of 500 (or become a member to qualify prior to purchase).

2 Likes

To piggyback on #5…most internet-generated OL Codes will not validate. The only ones that I have been able to use are the ones created by actually attending a drive event and receiving the email post-registration. Also, the East coast codes (i.e. “Tasting Table”, “Japan Sweepstakes”, etc) are not working here on the West coast, at least not in my region. And if you do have a valid OL Code it is only worth $500 from BMW NA. The other $500 is dealership participation. If they offer to give that to you too…it just means that you didn’t already have their best numbers. :smirk:

3 Likes