BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

Looks like demos have full rebates now, 2k X5, 3250 X2

Thank you!

based on Edmunds forum, looks like 330 and 340 no longer have lease support.

That was the first time in the last couple years that has happened.

This is very incorrect, it depends on model. I did some of the best loaner deals last month…

What are you saying is incorrect? That BMW offered less lease cash on certain loaner models including the X5 last month? If I recall, you had a deal posted here last week showing $2,500 lease cash for a loaner which was 100% incorrect.

Not that you couldn’t get a good deal on a loaner relatively speaking (i.e. $600/month all in for a lower end one), but could get a better deal on a new X5 last month vs a loaner taking into account $1,500 extra lease cash, the BMW CCA rebate, and no reduced RV due to mileage.

I got a $67k new 3.5 xDrive for $589/month before taxes and the CCA rebate with no MSDs (NY dealer). You could certainly get close to that with a loaner, and sure people would easily pay $25+ more per month for a new car.

It depends on the model is what I said. The implication that ANY new bmw last month was only 25 bucks more than a new car… is nuts. I did screw up that ad on the X5, the 2500 should have been subtracted from the sales price making it 19% off and it was later sold at that price. Bmw 5,6,7,x1,x3 had crazy loaner specials last month, new couldn’t compete. I gathered this info from my 11 bmw deals last month.

I didn’t mean that there were no good loaner deals, rather the reduced lease cash could kill a loaner deal depending on the model. I did a ton of research on the X5 last month and that was pretty much the scenario but not up to speed on any models.

Taking the deal you mentioned, 19% off is pretty much as good as you are going to get on an X5 loaner as they are very popular. However last month you are leaving $3,350 on the table with a loaner ($1,500 lease cash, $850 net from CCA rebate, and approx $1k due to reduced RV from mileage) which is 5%+ of MSRP.

An aggressive dealer was giving 13-14% off a new one so you are getting almost the same discount after taking into account the 5% mentioned above, so a new one is no brainer in that situation.

Nothing really the dealer or a broker like yourself can do, just how BMW set it up for the month. To their defense, people (non-lease hackrs) are taking the X5 loaners with only a 15% or less discount, so they are still moving them.

That seems odd.

Incorrect. Lease support is alive and well. 60% for 36/10

I don’t think he was replying to your comment. He was replying to the comment that some 2018 models no longer have lease support.

Correct, I wasn’t replying to anyone, just sharing what I observed on that forum.

The post in question was my reply to you. He deleted his reply, as it was irrelevant.

Evan as of yesterday the guys on Edmunds are insisting lease support ended for the 340i and 330i, which doesn’t make any sense as you can see from BMW’s website they have $3000 lease cash for the 340i and $2500 for the 330i. I pointed that out and they still just respond that it’s over and done so they aren’t providing info on the 2018’s of those models.

Anywhere else to get residual info on those?

You can calc the residual yourself. Or just sit tight for @bmwdave. He will update.

1 Like

Thanks. Didn’t think it was that simple!

Due to a recent change in company policy these program grids will no longer be posted here on a monthly basis. I will still be providing direct quotes on any vehicle in stock, any dealer trade or any custom order.

Please call, text, email or PM me directly if you are in the market for a BMW and I will be happy to provide a clear, concise and transparent quote!

Dave Townsend
Internet Client Advisor
951-440-2483 call/text
dave.townsend@bmwofmurrieta.com

11 Likes

If a customer with current car with MSDs will return it, will he be in the same position re: MSDs like a new customer ? Or the amount or number of the preceding MSDs can influence the MSDs on the new lease ?

I am in process of assuming a short term lease with MSDs to qualify for more discounts (MSDs, Loyalty) but it seems that my move will earn me only Loyalty with the MSD change.

No incentives for 2018 4 series? If so, tough to move them