BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

What time of year is best to find the largest selection of retired loaner vehicles?

What time of year do the incentives go away (if at all)?

Still struggling with determining the residual formula for cars with more than 500 miles but less than 5000.

Are there preferred dealerships that are willing to go closer to or above the 20% discount?

1 Like

For cars under 5000 miles, the RV % does not change but there is a mileage penalty. First compute the RV $ based on the %, you get the normal RV $ for a brand new car (under 500 miles). Now from that value subtract (odometer reading - 500) * $0.25. That is, the penalty is 25c/mile for the number of miles above 500.

Donā€™t know about preferred dealerships. I was able to get 20% off on a 430i GC but it was not easy. 15% is easy, 18% is doable, above is bonus. Many times your sanity is worth a couple % !!

At the end of the day, find a car you love, a payment you are comfortable with and donā€™t worry too much about squeezing the last $ out of a deal and donā€™t be too impressed or upset over special circumstances deals you see posted in the forums, some are very good but hard if not impossible to replicate.

4 Likes

Nov-Feb is loaner extravaganza time

1 Like

Does anyone know of Honda lease deals?

Iā€™ve heard some big deals on '18 Accord Hybrids

3 Likes

Why would you ask about a Honda lease on a BMW dealer thread?

5 Likes

Because Hondas lease worse than BMWs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think there are preferred dealership. I think there are those rare moments where a dealership just wants to get rid of a car and you happen on it at the same time. I got my 440GC for over 30% off MSRP (without credits or loyalty) at a dealership that many have told me is overpriced. In fact the dealer didnā€™t want to negotiate on my car a month beforehand. They probably thought they could move it. Then one day it dropped in price.

Know what you want. Watch multiple sites daily. Go make friends with dealers. Try to have fun with it. Subscribe to their email blasts (thatā€™s how I found my car dropped in price). Youā€™ll find the deal you want if youā€™re patient. Took me 2 months.

3 Likes

What incentives or rebates can you use on a 540 loaner/demo lease and which can you stack?

Loyalty and college grad if you qualify, and whatever incentives bmw has.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen any decent discounts for a new, ordered car? Itā€™s really hard to find any with the options I want.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boat. No decent deals for custom build 2018 X3 M40i. Best I got so far was about 6% off MSRP without incentives.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually never leased before, always purchased. I generally keep my cars for a while. My vehicles are 24, 13, 11, and 4 years old. But Iā€™m looking to lease my next BMW. A question I have is this forumā€™s experience that the acquisition fee and/or disposition fee routinely negotiated down? They seem high to me.

Acquisition and disposition fees are not negotiable. You can waive the acq fee for a .0005 MF increase, but itā€™s only worth it for cheaper and shorter BMW leases.

Thanks Jon. Whatever fee they want to call it I guess I will just consider them part of the cost of the vehicle.

Note that the disposition fee is waived if you follow up your BMW lease with another BMW.

Yup, and thatā€™s how they get people to stay on the hamster wheel. Some people would waste thousands of dollars over monthly payments rather than spend $400 once. Keeping the hamster wheel going is literally the only reason the disposition fee exists.

Lease return fee, loyalty bonus, waived fees on my previous lease return, a good % off MSRP, being able to use MSDs again, they all add up in the end. As much as I wanted to switch it up a bit, I ended up with another BMW for the next 3 years. Yes, they are experts at playing the leasing game!

@BMW_Dave Are the June rates out? Will email you for a new car quote next week. Thanks