BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

@BMW_Dave what would be a typical discount one should expect on an 2017 i3 demo model? I’m working with a dealer who won’t go over 7% discount prior to rebates on a demo with ~2000 miles. Does BMW provide the dealer additional incentives to move demos? Is 7% reasonable? My opinion is no as you see other folks getting ~13% off brand new ones but wanted others opinion before I keep pushing them. Also are 2017 lease programs expiring at the end of the month?

1 Like

Is the 6k lease cash still available for the 2017 330e? Bay Area dealers aren’t don’t seem to know of its existence

i can opine here as I got that exact same car&yr (i got mine last day in Jan) with 2100 miles. I worked with several dealers in the tristate area (those with new and demos), if you negotiate and talk to the fin/sales manager they know that bmw loaners (when they need to move them) go for ~20%+ off (this is a general statement, but hell wouldnt you pull the trigger is you got to 17.5% offif you REALLY needed to get in a car asap?)… do not sign a loaner i3 at 7% discount, as you pointed out new ones moved with ~13% off. Be patient, perhaps move to a diff dealer but also be confident, they want to sell the car more than you want to lease it.

he can’t be too patient…time’s a tickin’ on the end of the month, and leases are going away on 17s

I wish midwest BMW dealers would deal, they tend to do little discounting, or if they do, they show the price with all the rebates. And those prices tend to be higher then the coast dealers without rebates.

Most of them pad the sales price with the incentives. It’s rare to find a website that doesn’t do this.

I just spoke to a dealer with a vehicle they got from a BMW corporate auction, and they said that the $6000 incentive for the 330e does not apply to those vehicles. Is that really true?

If it has over 5k miles, then yes.

Thanks for the clarification. Is this for any 330e with 5,000 miles, or just the ones from the BMW corporate auctions? This was the case, it had more than 5k miles.

Any BMW with over 5k miles does not qualify for rebates.

1 Like

No additional incentives. Just writing the car down based on depreciation. There’s no math to it and every dealer uses a different method. No 7% is not reasonable for a loaner. Why push? If they won’t budge you’re only going to frustrate yourself and waste time that you could be working with another dealer. Yes 2017 sales support ends 02/28 from what we have been told.

Yes. $6k Lease Credit and $750 Loyalty. Any new 2017 330e or loaner/demo with less than 5k miles.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!

I got them down to 8.5% off and they won’t go lower. The lease payment is about 250/mo since in Colorado we get a $2500 rebate on electrics which I’m guessing a lot of folks wouldn’t mind paying however I did not pull trigger as I don’t think it’s a big enough discount for a demo. They keep saying they can’t go lower as they’re losing money and they keep pushing it as a new car when it’s used. Also said the rebates will go through end of March but not sure if I buy that from what I’m hearing. May be waiting til the 2018s have similar rebates.

Hi BMWDave,

I got the following letter from a local dealer where I go for service:

We want to continue to be your dealership of choice. To that end, I’ve completed a preliminary review of your account, including the status of your 2015 435i Gran Coupe. I’ve assembled a personalized upgrade opportunity that I think you’ll find pretty compelling.*

Please take a look at the snapshot below as the offer expires February 28.

I hope to hear from you soon so we can work together to further personalize this offer and discuss some additional benefits such as a new 4-year/50,000-mile

VIN: XXXXXXXXXX41021
PERSONALIZED EARLY UPGRADE OFFER
New: 2018 BMW 440i Gran Coupe
Upgrade 4 Months Early
$350 Lease Disposition Fee Waiver†††
$4,750 Toward Your New Vehicle†
Current: 2015 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
Payment: $570
Payments Remaining: 4
Lease Disposition Fee: $350
Lease End Inspection: Due Now

My last pull-ahead offer came directly from BMWFS - is there an active program?

I’ve heard that 4-series don’t don’t get great deals, so I’m looking to get into a well-equipped 530e or 540i. Anything compelling out there? I’ve used max MSDs in the past.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Dave,

I sent over a message to you in regarding a vehicle at your sister location

Hello Dave,
l need to lease X5 for 3 years 45K. I have both loyalty and conquest leases with no money down.
Looking to get backup camera, heated seats for minimum.
Just saw a couple from your website:
https://www.bmwofmurrieta.com/new/BMW/2018-BMW-X5-839939b10a0d0cc7711a60d47718ffe4.htm

I would also love to learn about any of your previous loaners if any.

No there are no pull-ahead programs. The dealer is simply offering to discount the next car $2k off MSRP plus the $2k lease rebate and $750 loyalty rebate. We have similar marketing pieces for clients in our database. The 4-Series is only a 57% residual so it most certainly is tough to compete with the deals on 3’s right now. If you can email me at dave.townsend@bmwofmurrieta.com with a stock number from my inventory I’d be happy to provide a quote.

Apologies if I missed it, but how do I easily identify loaners on your site? Thank you

https://www.bmwofmurrieta.com/gently-driven-loaner-vehicles.htm

@BMW_Dave Question, if I sold my car within the last 12 months, can I show an old statement and still qualify for the loyalty?

1 Like