BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019

Incentives are/can be slightly different by region. Dc area seems to get less than northeast too.

My question was for California, where @BMW_Dave is located.

NorCal an SoCal are 2 different regions. I used a different example, and you didnā€™t specify region.

Northern California please. Though Iā€™m curious in this case whether SoCal is different. Or any other regions. If you have any info on all applicable incentives for a 430i GC demo, please post. Local dealer says $3K incentives total, but the spreadsheet shows $4K (I do have a current BMW lease) so Iā€™m trying to figure out who is off by $1K.

Murrietta (SoCal) is 3k + 1k loyalty

San Francisco (NorCal) is 2k + 1k loyalty

You can also check this by changing the ZIP on BMWUSA and see what the lease credit is.

Bummer. Thanks for the info. Didnā€™t realize BMW incentives were also regional, I was under the impression their deals were nationwide.

Rv and money factor isā€¦lease credit and loyalty can vary.

Itā€™s amazing how different the incentives can be.

One more question please: are demos still worth leasing these days with all the adjustments that need to be applied?

IMO, yes, if you can get a big enough discount. Keep in mind, however, you do lose the ability to use OL codes, corp fleet/USAA discounts. Lease credit/loyalty/grad would still be applicable.

If the car is over 5k, it becomes a bit more challenging, as you lose ALL incentives and thereā€™s a 4% residual hit in addition to mileage penalty. With that said, if you can get a big enough discount (and itā€™s happened, but it is rare), itā€™s well worth it.

There havenā€™t been as many loaner deals as there were at the end of 2017/beginning of 2018 as the 2019s havenā€™t started pushing out the 18s yet. With that said, there have been some, and if you can find one, it can be a nice savings vs brand new.

1 Like

With the 4% additional drop in residual over 5000 miles the math almost never works.

Iā€™d agreeā€¦but there have been some unicorns. I believe @nyclife had one or two.

I had two, the one I did on a 340 was a 58k sticker discounted to 38k. The other was on an X4 M40i discounted 22k

3 Likes

For 24 mo BMW lease, does the MF stay the same as the 36mo lease or is the MF different for 24/36? Do I just change the RV by adding 6% and keep everything else the same for 24mo? Thanks, @Jon

1 Like

MF stays the sameā€¦correct

Awesome, thanks @mp11477

Do residual adjustments depend on series? For a 430i 24/12 lease for example, residual should be 62%?

The residual adjustments noted above for mileage/term would be applicable to all models.

Sorry for the noob question but I really could not find answer:
Does BMW lease cars with more than 10k mileage on it?

What I know:

1. mileage between 500 to 5000, deduct (x-500)*0.25 on residual;
  2. between 5000 and 7500, deduct 4%;
  3. above 7500, deduct 6%

No.

In addition, cars with over 5k do take the residual hit you mentioned. They also take a mileage penalty too, just like those under 5k, and you lose all incentives.

1 Like