BMW Modifying 3rd Party Buyout Info Request Effective 6/25

Ahh got it - thanks!

1 Like

ā€œPleased to announceā€¦ā€?

2 Likes

I know right

1 Like

This is still confusing. The language says ā€˜suspending quotations,ā€™ which still holds true with what I spoke with them about yday - I was very specific to ask if they were stopping the sales to Vroom, Carvana, and others, and was specifically told no, itā€™s just the quote access, not the sale.

Sad stuff - probably mass confusion all around with the new policy rollout.

2 Likes

To be fair, they are probably pleased to announce it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am guessing this is a lawyerly way of stopping sales without outright saying they are stopping sales.

5 Likes

So for those of us in CA, can we still payoff the car and then sell it to 3rd party? I know Iā€™ve asked this before, but wonder if anyone has any experience to share.

Search the forum for 10-day sales tax exemption in CA

2 Likes

Lessee buy out should be ok. It is a contractual right . Resell happens after which BMW has nothing to do with at that point. Good for Cali saving us from double taxation.

Does this apply to finance?

I havenā€™t read through this but it doesnā€™t look like a very easy process to avoid the tax in CA.

Yes

Well good thing my local bmw dealer is willing to take my car!

Not at all. Practically you are applying for one time reseller permit .

Sorry guys. Late to the party. Lol. Looks like itā€™s already been disclosed.

3 Likes

Watch what happens to early lease buyout quotes for BMWs over the next few weeksā€¦:cry:

5 Likes

Wow For finance as well? So weā€™ll need to refi with a credit union first then sell to 3rd party?

Man talk about threading the needle lol. Perfect timing!