BMW Modifying 3rd Party Buyout Info Request Effective 6/25

I just requested my third party payoff just to be safe. It says today’s date on the pdf and payoff expiration is November 8th.

So I am assuming I’m good till November 8th to sell the car.

The lady I spoke to didn’t mention anything about stopping of the sale.

2 Likes

Is this where only BMW dealers can buy the car or can third party dealers buy it IF they get the payoff from a BMW dealer?

I’m at CarMax now, CarMax rep told me that bmw emailed them this morning saying the will not release the title to them…
Which contradict with that bmw rep told me…so I’m confused lol

I just had a word with BMWFS. They confirmed that 3rd party payoffs won’t be allowed from October 1st. They emailed me a 3rd paty payoff quote and said that it will honored till October 21st. BMWFS must receive the payoff cheque by 21st.

1 Like

Hi Vinay. Does your payoff statement says good through October 21st?

1 Like

Yes, it does say good through October 21st on the 2nd page of the pdf.

Was not able to sell my wife’s car to Carmax today. Carmax showed me the email they got from BMW, basically saying start from 10/1 they will not allow 3rd party buyout. And instructed Carmax to not buy any leased BMW from today…

F…If I pay them a visit yesterday, I would walk out with 5000+ check…

BMWFS confirmed over the phone, no 3rd party buyouts as of 10/1. Payout they sent me today is valid until my next payment (10/11). It was also about 7% less than the personal payoff amount online due to the tax situation.

Update, negative equity ~2k so won’t be selling it anyway. Going to lease transfer instead with incentive

1 Like

Hi

Which number did you call to get this payoff quote? I just contacted BMWFS & the lady who helped said “Company wide policy, we cannot provide a 3rd party payoff quote for this vehicle”

Trying to get this payoff quote done today before I completely miss the bus. Help appreciated!

Thanks
Max

How did you request this 3rd party payoff quote? Trying to get mine done now before I completely miss the bus… Hope one of you guys responds quickly, LOL

1 Like

This is the number 800-831-1117 I called. Hope you get it done today :+1:

Thanks for the reply mate… Yes, that’s the number I called twice & both times I’ve been told that their system is NOT allowing 3rd party (payoff) quote submissions anymore

Even though the date is 09/30 as of now…

That really sucks. May be request to talk to a manager since its still 9/30?

Yes, already escalated this to supervisor/manager… Same exact response, the system is NOT allowing further 3rd party quote submissions

My mistake, I should’ve seen this earlier… So NOT salty about it, Lol

I guess I missed the cut… Congratulations to others who were able to take advantage of this

Called them for funsies (I have zero intentions to get outta my X5 any time soon), but the agent confirmed the same thing - “as of now, we can no longer generate 3rd party quotes so you can still work with one of our dealers, but not CarMax or Vroom.”

Ya tried. A for effort, at least. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’d like to know if there is a way to go scorched earth here & complain about BMW’s practices (regarding refusal to provide quotes on 09/30) :slight_smile:

Do I spy some revised legalese in these auto payoff docs? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Old (June): “Please Note: This payoff is intended for you. This payoff will not be honored if sent in by a third party dealership.”

Now:

1 Like

Yup, they changed the terms of agreement… I noticed that too

Guess they just want to get them back in the hands of their dealers with how low inventory is

Called it.

Have been talking to them for a few weeks. Basically searching for hints of the shutdown while I shopped dealers. Last week, the lady who answered was stern and said “as of right now we give you permission to allow a third party buyout. We are aware that brands like Mercedes are not.”

Ominous.

I got my numbers together, drove to the highest bidding dealer and sold 9/28. What a relief. Good luck

1 Like