BMW m550i Guidance

I used to have C300 coupe and my friends (5’9", 6’1", and 6’2") used to sit in the back without any problems (not that it was a mega comfortable ride, but manageable enough for a ~25-30 minute drive).
I currently have M3 CS and same people never complained and definitely an upgrade headroom-wise from C300 coupe :slight_smile:
I am 6’0" and sat in the back of both vehicles and never though it’s too small. Might be the fact that we’re in our mid 20s, but I never understood people who are claiming 3 series back seats are not manageable for people above 6 feet :slight_smile:

Hey, if they don’t want to ride in the M3CS they can walk. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hey electric never knew you were a broker?? M3 or x3 m 10 percent off before rebates in two years??? Hook me up!!

I don’t know man, I sat in there I’m 6’2 215 and it was very very tight, maybe it has to do with the frame of the person I guess? even my dad who isn’t as jacked as he was when he was a navy diver (6’0 190) had trouble fitting in and did not like it. ( let’s just say he’s not claustrophobic and has done his fair share of fitting in tight spaces while deployed)

I sat in the 4 series gc and had the same experience the roof line was killer, I guess it depends on a person to person basis, I found the 5 series to be more than adequate in the back

I would stick with a non-bmw lease :rofl:

Most dealers won’t go down past 10% off msrp, since they will be loosing money, unless it’s a loaner. I haven’t seen any dealers in the DMV area do past 15% off loaners. New cars are 8-10% off.

12-13% is usually holdback for BMW with Invoice being between 5.5-6.5%.

What do you mean, holdback?

holdback is another built in profit for cars, the way it goes is… for example on X car

holdback —> invoice —> MSRP
68k —> 71k —> 75k

Roughly 3-5% difference for most manufacturers between holdback and invoice.

Basically holdback is the point where dealers are at absolute break even price, this is all before any incentives.

Is there a way to find out exact hold back or is that still one locked up industry secret???

somebody on here said bmw is 5%, I know for a fact it’s 3% on hellcats and for ford/lincoln it’s 3% as well.

It’s a closely guarded industry secret that changes from month to month depending on how aggressively the manufacturer is trying to move metal. There are also huge incentives from the factory for moving volume. So selling that last civic might net the dealer an extra $50k bonus. Hence the random unicorns you sometimes see

So a unicorn is like hitting lotto…right time right dealer right model

Yes it usually is

Yes, poo poo bragging rights, but mention you charge $400/ hr. Too funny.

1 Like

it’s just being lucky and smart, can’t have one without the other to get a unicorn.

BMW of Dayton is a harder dealer to crack imo. Low volume. I used to live there and they took me to the cleaners when I new to leasing.

I’m also looking at the m550i for my next car. I saw a few people on here post $650 a month. That’s the lowest number yet.

1 Like

A few weeks ago I picked up a 2019 M550 with 85k MSRP for 11% off MSRP before incentives in Southern California. Although I got quotes from many dealers, got the best deal from this one that still had 6 on the lot. Not saying that is what you should expect but if they have inventory, they should be motivated this time of year.

Some find context helpful, sorry you had to read those extra words. I do appreciate the reminder on why I hate posting to forums.

2 Likes