BMW Loyalty Verification Questions

I read a few of the forum topics, however I have not been able to see a confirmed response.

Could someone specify the BMW Loyalty Verification? Specifically:

1. Does Title or Registration within the past 12 months work?
  2. Does parent work if at different address?
  3. Does parent work if they would be applicant #2 (non-primary) on the new lease/buy?
  4. Does spouse work?

Spouse works as long as household is the same

Just leased a BMW and had my dad co-sign to get the loyalty. We have different addresses and didn’t seem to be an issue in the incentive.

Co-signing is completely different since you can take advantage of incentives either party is eligible for.

The primary thing BMW is looking for is the same address and actual relationship is less important. There was a post a couple of months back that BMW expects the provided address will be on your credit report but not sure if thats true.

Not sure how they handle unique situations like a spouse living in a different primary address.

The BMW must be registered at the same household. As long as the address is the same and it was registered to that address in the past 12 months, it does not matter who owns it.

1 Like

Do I still qualify for loyalty if my registration expiration date is still within the past 12 months but the car actually returned more than 12 months ago?

If it was a BMW FS account, I would say no. Here is the rule-

Former BMW Financial Services owner/lessee: Customer who leased or financed a BMW Car/SAV
through BMW Financial Services and their contract expired within the last 12 months (provide
BMW FS account number or VIN).

Yes this is fine
As long as expiration is within 12months it counts as loyalty

1 Like

I was told as long as you can provide an insurance certificate of a BMW at your address they can make it work. Just insure yourself on a friend’s car for the week.

2 Likes

Guys, how about…I have an old BMW lease registered in Socal, and trying to get a New BMW registered in Norcal, both under my name, would this work?

Thank you :zipper_mouth_face:

I leased a BMW last weekend, and seeing the insurance card for my i3 was good enough for this dealer to apply loyalty. They didn’t even look at the registration I’d brought. Probably varies by dealer, though.