BMW Loyalty for Company Car?

Would the following situation below qualify for BMW Loyalty:

• We are eligible for a leased car from our employer. Employer subsidizes a portion of the cost of the lease (“the allowance”)
  • We can pick any car we want; if we exceed the allowance, we pay the difference.
  • During the term of this employer-subsidized lease, the car is in our possession but it is titled and registered under the name of the Fleet Management company that our employer uses to manage this program.
  • We currently have a BMW via the employer subsidized program and are thinking about leasing another BMW privately on our own.
  • So the question is would we be eligible for BMW loyalty (by virtue of the BMW that we currently lease via the employer program) when we lease the 2nd BMW, even though our current BMW isn’t registered to our name (but we are paying for portion of the leasing cost that exceeds the allowance from our employer).

Thanks.

Is your name anywhere on the registration?

No, our name is not on the registration and neither is the address nor the insurance (also managed by the Fleet Management company).

As an anecdote, one time we accidentally went through EZ Pass toll without the responder, the ticket went first to the Fleet Management Company, they paid it, and then we paid the Fleet Management. This is why I’m thinking that we may not be eligible to claim for loyalty.

That said, there should be no issue with us getting the confirmation in writing from the Fleet Management company that the car is assigned to us. Just wondering if anyone else in similar situation has successfully claimed loyalty under this scenario.

You can ask the BMW dealer, but odds are you will not be able to claim it. I’ve been told loyalty requires the car to be registered in the same household - if you have a current lease they can look up your current BMWFS account as proof or you can show them your unexpired registration.

You will not be eligible for loyalty unless your name or registered address is associated to the vehicle.

Answering my own question — after submitting documentation supporting the facts in my original post to BMW dealer, we successfully got the Loyalty credit :+1: