BMW lease return - maintenance open. Charge to do maintenace or turn in as is

Hi,

Long story short:

• Last service on the assumption we did was last august, so less than 1 year ago and also less than 10k.

Oil service shows open, but I have the dealer invoice for when that was done so assume I should be good.

However in the car and when running the key it shows

• Brake fluid
  • Vehicle check

were due (and I do not see those listed on the last service). Any ideas of average cost for these? Once all is resolved and pre inspection show nothing, I’d turn it in right away, can they charge anything after the fact in case they did not check etc?

Just reset the service interval reminder yourself and turn it in…the beauty of leasing…

Why are you low on brake fluid anyway?

The only service you should be really doing on a lease are oil changes and tire rotations (most people don’t even rotate their tires)

1 Like

It is not low, it just says scheduled service was due for:

• Oil change (have invoice showing it was done)
  • Brake fluid and vehicle check whatever that entails …

I tried looking on youtube but those did not work to reset the reminder, not sure if that only works if service will be due and not if it was already missed !?

He’s not low…it’s due to be changed out

Correct. Did not anticipate that and only looked at the 10k/1 yr thing for services, but these seem to run on different intervalls.

ANy idea of cost, or how to reset the service reminders and just hope they won’t add it for the turn in.

WTH? How often do you change break fluid on a bimmer?

Op, regardless I would just reset service maintenance yourself. Check YouTube , should be on there

Never underestimate the insanity BMW can invoke with maintenance.

Wanna swap a battery every oil change?

1 Like

Yes, I will give another approach read a try, as long as another dealership does not check with the key in the system may be ok, if so will turn in on spot if possible to not take any chances.

As I am not the original owner with free ultra care, does that mean I could also just get the brake fluid changed somewhere cheaper and bring the invoice with me, and worst case how much would you expect at BMW (online estimates list ~$200, of course trying to avoid that)

It’s around 30k I believe. While it seems a bit early, brake fluid changes aren’t a bad thing. That stuff goes bad over time, collects moisture/water, etc.

You can take it to any reputable shop. Maintenance doesn’t have to be done at a BMW dealer, especially if it’s coming out of your pocket. Only reason to go to a BMW dealer is if the maintenance is paid for/free.

Good to know so don’t need to pay them for brake fluid service, I wonder what vehicle service means though and how to cover that

If you’re under 3 years and 36k miles, maintenance is included, just schedule it and let them do it, this isn’t a thing.

That doesn’t typically get included with a transfer anymore. It can, but the original owner would have had to pay extra for it.

He did a lease assumption. Unless he paid to “refresh” his coverage, he has none.

Contact a service department, don’t give your name, and just ask them what “vehicle service” is and what it entails.

Correct not included.