BMW Lease End Inspection

Fair enough. I leased my last car Sep. 2019 and just came back recently so I guess I missed the whole 2020-BMW-dealership-won’t-accept-my-lease-return saga.

1 Like

I’m hoping that with curb rash and minor scratches (caused by the many storms we’ve had over the past year) that damage is overlooked by the dealer since I’m leasing a new BMW. Third-party inspections just seem to potentially add items that may or may not have been charged for.

My advice to OP would be just to focus on tires (don’t return them bald) and not to drive yourself crazy over it. The guy showed me last time the biggest potential for charges would be not completing required maintenance which is typically included anyway. I.e. if the car is due for an oil change don’t return it assuming the dealer will do it after the fact.

Return to the same guy when you return the car. Unless you have major damages to be concerned about or prefer to add unnecessary charges don’t do a third-party inspection.

I had the same experience with my last lease return, which was in absolutely pristine condition. The pre-owned sales manager looked it over for a minute and took it back with no charges. The only issue was a light indicating maintenance was required which I had paperwork for having already completed. For some reason the dealer just didn’t reset it in the system.

Make sure your buyout quote doesn’t include sales tax . In New York i believe it does , dealers don’t pay sales tax , so could still have some equity in it . And the quotes from vroom etc change , last month I was offered 46.5, this month 51.5 .

If the dealership was right down the street this could be an option, but it’s not. It’s several hours away. Not even sure of the salesman’s name, because I used a broker for this lease.

I’m aware that the quotes change, although they’ve held steady for the month of June and July. I’m not aware of what NJ’s policies are, just know the buyout for me from BMWFS is 40k.

Third party inspection was completed by autovin last Friday. The entire process took about 30 minutes.

*short story before hand…5th of July I was lucky enough to come out to dent in my hood from a neighbor setting off fireworks. Perfect timing all things considered.

Anyway, the tires checked out as did everything else. He obviously took note of the dent but said not to worry as it’s smaller then a quarter. Fortunately, the dent will be knocked out before I return the vehicle so it should be a moot point.

I still wish I could figure a way to sell this car for a profit. Just makes no sense to me that it’s not worth more considering it’s condition and low mileage.

1 Like