BMW Lease Buyout Doc Fee?

Yep, here it is in writing and I also called BMW FS and spoke with someone who told me the same thing. If anyone has found a way around this in PA, please, do tell.

I just bought out a Land Rover lease in august directly, Iā€™ll look at anything thats changed since then, thats so weird

Unless something has changed in a lot of states then BMWFS is just flat out lying by saying youā€™re required to buy it out through a dealer due to ā€œstate guidelinesā€.

In Florida, with BMW you do have to go through a dealer. I just dealt with this with an X3 M40i. My local dealer was going to charge me an $899 dealer fee and $175 ā€œinspection feeā€œ - that fee was reportedly refundable. I called a different dealer in the northern part of Florida and they did it by docusign with no fee. I would recommend calling around to different dealers and ask if they will do it without a fee.

3 Likes

In PA? My Hyundai Documentation specifically mentions FL And PA as forced dealer buyouts as well.

Could you PM me a censored version of that, Iā€™m trying to hunt down the new regs that state that - and Iā€™ll take a look at the documentation I get with my dadā€™s new lease as well.

No need for PM others might want to see it.

I believe this is state law driven, so BMW is irrelevant in this case.

1 Like

Can You send me contact info on this dealer in FL?

Capital Eurocars in Tallahassee is the BMW dealer