BMW Lease Accident

Insurance companies have deals with the agencies. Mine covers $30/day but that gets me pretty much whatever I want short of “luxury” tier. Once I got a Mustang, another time a 300.

I got a Kia Forte, this car honestly sucks. Hoping to swap out soon, lot was dead empty

1 Like

You can’t just make an insurer total out a car. You don’t know how much the repair bill/damage is vs acv of the car. You’re making blind statements here, giving OP false sense of security. Op should have their own insurance company involved, who can actually fight on his behalf. That’s what he pays them for.

2 Likes

I suggest retaining a lawyer, instead of obtaining one. They are known to press charges, kidnapping is a felony and they have expensive taste in food and lodging.

20 or 40 in cash at the desk to the guy doing your paperwork usually will get you an upgrade. Insurance contracts rates with Enterprise, it doesn’t matter if you in Manhattan or Milwaukee, you’re getting a shitty compact, probably Versa or Cruze. Zoom zoom zoom!

So I’m currently in a 2016 X1 lease and a month after I got my lease I was in a similar front end collision also. The driver (female) made a left turn from the far right lane on a one way street thinking she was in a left turn lane. I was cruising at about 20 to 25 mph on the far left lane cause the light just turned green when the car popped up in front of me. The car next to her and my car ends up hitting her car. She and her insurance company admitted fault.

I royally screwed up by allowing a paralegal (recommended by my insurance agent) to handle the case. He took the car to a bodyshop where he gets a kick back. I requested to take the car to a BMW dealer, New Century BMW which was close to my house at the time. He told me it would take ages. The body shop he took the car to quoted 16k or something like that. Insurance company agrees to pay and body shops have this thing where while they’re fixing it they can ask for more money, which they did. They asked for 24k in the end when all the repairs were finished.

For those interested, I had 4 airbags go off. It should have been declared a total loss but the body shop got greedy. When I got the car back after 6 months it was missing the water reservoir tank and the job they did was so bad that I took the car back to have them repaint it, which they didn’t only a wax buff. The car doesn’t run the same. The body alignment on the front end is WAY off. My car makes creaking noises when turning the wheel. I had to drive this thing for the next 2.5 years. Luckily I didn’t have any mechanical problems during the lease and my lease is up in October. Thank god.

TLDR: My advise to you is take it to BMW and they’ll send the car to their dealership body shop. Or take it to a body shop that you know and ask them to declare the car as total loss. You can’t ask your insurance company or in your case State Farm to do that for you. Also hire a lawyer, not a paralegal.

Brutal. Thanks for sharing so others will learn.

Fyi – The rental coverage should be coming out of the other persons liability coverage.

1 Like