BMW I5 - it’s here

Thoughts ? The back looks exactly like the 23 accord!

https://www.bmwusa.com/future-vehicles/i5.html?cid=i5_soc-052423-image_carousel_front-fb&tier=tier1&maco=national&ch=org_social&veh=5series&fbclid=IwAR14UdCX_L7fculCiWqiRObOjE4c4tSPPF2wJ0hmyiq8uWNvcb5KZK356CM

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43981007/2024-bmw-i5-5-series-revealed/

2 Likes

about as ugly as the new accord, I think the i4 looks way better

6 Likes

Well, I suppose cars really are subjective. I think this looks better than the i4 which i find ugly. But im not saying im impressed- would like to see one in person before deciding

4 Likes

260 EPA is a bit disappointing - for the i5 m60 - 90k to get 260 miles of EPA range is the same as the EQE 500 - so I see the segment, but still…

2 Likes

I’m going to do 3% off pre-orders. Isn’t that fun? Don’t flood my PM’s! :rofl:

10 Likes

Front is ugly. i4 is not impressive looking either.

This definitely looks better than i4 imo. Looks like the face-lifted 3 series which is not bad

At least it doesn’t look like an i7

2 Likes

A big F U to anyone who thought going electric might avoid the hideous grilles.

Also, throwing around M-something badges like confetti is so stupid. Does no one in Munich understand what brand dilution is?

6 Likes

Munich no, NA, yes.

Compared to how ugly bmw has been making cars this is beautiful. This will sell well (at least the ice version).

5 Likes

M-unich

3 Likes

It’s official, BMW is no longer BMW. The front is tolerable. The back is hideous. The side profile is nauseating. The car looks like an Impreza with a BMW badge.

3 Likes

I got kia stinger gt2 from behind

1 Like

Definitely doesn’t have the German look. The proportions are so messed up.

Certainly looks a lot like an Accord.

1 Like

put me in the “it could have been worse” category.

4 Likes

The new 24 e class is the way to go. No other car is better in its class

IMG_1254
IMG_1255

2 Likes

IMG_8514

2 Likes

The e40 does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds? Seems very slow for an EV at that price point.

1 Like