BMW i4 anyone put a deposit on one?

I am surprised this car is not getting any mentions on LH. anyone actually put a deposit on one in order to max out current BMW lease?
It’s my understanding the build details will come in November. But nothing expected before summer 22…

I have this and an iX on order waiting for #’s to drop and see if worth it.

3 Likes

Wonder if people are ordering an i4 online for the main purpose of extending their BMWFS lease a full six months. Takes just a few clicks and is fully refundable. Plus, the dealer gets an extra car in their inventory to sell.

10 Likes

I thought about doing that but 6 months is the max and I already extended 3 until February - the alternative if you have a car on order BMW will re-lease the car for a minimum of 1 year - terms TBD but will most likely go up. The re-lease can be done 60 days before end of term and I didn’t really ask how they go about calculating terms but I will go through the exercise next month.

1 Like

I have owned BMW’s for the last 15 years, I just don’t like the pig nose grills. I was hoping for my first EV to be a BMW, but I have a Model 3 Perf on order.

Hopefully BMW changes styling in next few years. Supposedly the new 5series will have more traditional sized/styled grills.

I have owned every M3 gen since the E46, the new G80 could not be anymore ugly. Just awful.

2 Likes

M50i is intriguing. May be on my bucket list next if it leases well, thankfully have a couple years left on my current car.

I’ve got a deposit down on one. My current BMW lease isn’t up for another 10 months so no extension needed. I’m interested in the M50 depending on the numbers when they drop and of course the willingness of my dealership to discount the car, however small given this current market.

I got to check out the iX, I don’t know if Id want or if I’d shove my dad in one of either until I drive one.

I have a '19 i3 REX lease that ends in June and thought about doing a pre-order. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the absurd payment estimates.

How does negotiation work on a pre-order? Aren’t you technically committing to buying/leasing at the listed price when you put your deposit down?

Any updates for anyone who put in a preorder and a deposit?

Hey! Were you able to extend yours for the full 6mos by pre-ordering i4? Mine is due next month, but it seems the i4/iX pre-order portal is gone. The only option to pre-order is ordering at the dealership. I have no interest in i4/iX due to their prices, just want to keep my $150/mo i3 for six more months.

We’ve got about 30% of our customers production numbers for the i4 and iX models, still waiting on the rest of them.

BMW is still saying they’ll get all customer that pre-ordered their vehicles by June. Some have gone into production already as well!

Excited to drive this one, we have our training on the iX this Wednesday with an actual vehicle… excited!

2 Likes