BMW I3 - Lease Calculator and Discrepancy

I’d also suggest 30 months or even three years if you like the i3. It may end up being a car that you don’t want to give up in two years.

1 Like

This is correct. You only qualify for EV rebates with 30 months or longer.

2 Likes

Ask them to take out that PermaPlate, no need extra add-ons.
You need at least 30 month lease to qualify for CVRP($2000) rebate(currently waitlist), unless you already applied twice already then you won’t qualify for it.
i3 for sure it’s fun to drive! But if you live in the Bay Area and have crappy road(3rd world country quality) then you will hate the ride… you can feel every bump on the way. Potholes will tear these skinny tires apart in no time.
You should test drive them see if you really likes it. like @MICHAELSD01 said, it’s a very unique car, people either love it or hate it.

2 Likes

CVPR is $1500. Correct?

CVRP is $2000, the one currently on wait list
CCFR is $1500, already included in your lease quote.
Break down for i3’s taxed incentives: $1500 CCFR + $7500 standard lease cash + $3000 loyalty = $12000

My X1 had one of the tires changed and others been abused in only 24 months. Bay area roads are really bad I agree. I prefer a smooth ride. I already tested it but the road was not bumpy and it was a short test drive so did not feel that bad. However there are bumpy roads for sure in the bay area and you are making me double think

It won’t be too bad if it’s equipped with the 19” wheels. The suspension is much better on newer models.

That’s true, make sure to aim for the base model rim… it’s a lot better than 20".

While I wouldn’t want the 20” tires again as the ride is too rough, I ordered an i3s which comes with wider 20” tires standard. The sport suspension is quite good, just slightly rough for road feedback but otherwise it seems like it will be better than my previous i3.

It sounds like OP will be better off with the smoother suspension of the standard i3 paired with 19” wheels.

A calculator is just a tool to construct your own offer and/or recalibrate someone else’s shared deal for your own taxes, incentives, RV/MF etc if they are different.

I’ve rarely seen anyone make any further headway by decoding a dealer quote into the LH calculator. If it matches, so what? Math doesn’t lie. If it doesn’t match, so what? Dealers aren’t going to lower their offer because your calculator said so. Chances are, it was the consumer’s error. If not, GL getting a dealer to admit it was theirs.

To be very candid, the ship sailed once the consumer asked for a quote instead of presenting a well-researched offer of their own.

I do have to say the calculator functions extremely well. Typically the numbers will be within $1-$2 of a dealer’s quote if done correctly.

2 Likes

The same inputs will always equal the same outputs. It’s just basic math.

That is so true. I had three of these cars with the 20" rims and two of them with the 19s, the difference was extremely noticeable.

3 Likes

Which PermaPlate product is it?

I had no idea they offered so many comprehensive programs to protect your vehicle from the perils of everyday life.

That’s a lot of peace of mind

1 Like

They also significantly improved the suspension on 2018+ models. Not sure why dealers made configuring the 20” wheels a priority when they could have added useful features or an upgraded interior.

Thank you all for your help. I signed this deal:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if you can combine corporate with loyalty if you purchase an i3

“BMW i3 Corporate Sales Incentive cannot be combined with any other offers.”

Source: BMW Group Corporate Sales Program

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.