BMW Executive Demo Pricing Question

@SUV I wouldn’t just dismiss the deal, tell them you worked with another dealership and they just came back to you and they’re giving you the same deal but on a car with less miles and a better color and if they want your business they have to work on the numbers on this car otherwise it’s not worth it for you because this car has more miles etc. Don’t tell them the other dealer’s name, just try to make them drop the price more.

In other words, you’re willing to walk away anyway, you might as well push hard to see how far you can get them to drop the price to a point where you’d be happy about the deal.

1 Like

Why all this bullshit unless it’s true? Dealers have access to all cars in the area and can call your bluff if they want to. If a dealer tells you that “this deal is valid only today” - do you jump on it or dismiss it? They are not stupid and can play this game better than most of ordinary folks. Just be upfront and tell them what you want. Or - if you do have an actual quote from a competitor - send it to them.

@305Hackr , @luxuryhackr

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Initially, we were looking for an X3 but after going through some threads here in this forum, I convinced my wife to get a demo/loaner 535 for the same monthly payment as X3. Our upper limit was $450. We did test drive both X3 28 and 535i and impressed with 535i.

Today, I went to a dealer in NJ to discuss leasing 535i. He did come up 8500 discount including BF incentive on new 535i. I was expecting 9K off without BF incentive. If I had insisted for some more time, probably he could have come up with another 1K. I didn’t like him going to another room to for every decision :slight_smile: . I am sick of that. I feel uncomfortable. Got out of that dealership and made another hasty decision by agreeing for the above quote at my local dealer. I just gave credit card and signed credit pull document. I’ll put a hold on the contract and will look on leasing new 535i.

@SUV unfortunately car dealers like to play games like going to another room, good cop/bad cop and everything else in the book and it’s an uncomfortable situation, especially if you’re not used to it. I can only advise you to do everything over the phone and only set foot into the dealership once you reached an agreement over the phone. I don’t know what state you live in and how many BMW dealerships are nearby but I’d call them all. When you call them, give them a realistic number you’re looking for, stress that you’re a real buyer and are ready to make a deal today if they can make the numbers work and go from there. It’s inhumane to go to every dealership in person and go through that BS over and over again. Also if you don’t want to deal with it at all, reach out to @loberant , he oversees a bunch of dealerships including BMW and is very active on this forum. He might be able to put you in a car you like for the payment you like without having to jump through hoops.

I have found that when you start asking really good questions, like “what is the money factor, I have seen the base is .00134 is that right?” The sales people tend to go away and you start speaking directly with a manager who can get the deal done.

@conanohasselhof
bypassing the sales guy is usually the best way if you can, sometimes the managers don’t wanna deal and put a sales guy as a middle man but it’s good to involve the manager from the beginning. Sales guys are more interested in their commission vs manager is more interested in moving a unit.

Is this a good deal on new 535i? Has 35 miles on it. 36/10

MSRP: 64500

Monthly Including tax: 470
Drive offs (including MSDs): 6000

Can anyone confirm BMWFS deduction formula?

Is it (miles - 500) * $0.20 as stated above?

its .25 per mile now, has been for a while.

I thought some BMW’s were $0.30

I am looking into negotiating the lease of a 2016 BMW 328i with 20,926 miles. The MSRP is $45,295. I have never negotiated a lease on a used car and I don’t want to walk to talk to the sales person without enough information. What numbers should I be looking at on a 36 month/10k miles lease in Florida? Any suggested rate to aim for? All help is appreciated.

Don’t bother wih demos over 5k miles. BMW changed their policy for demos at the beginning of this month that makes it very disadvantagous to lease.

Agree w Jon it’s almost impossible to get a deal now to lease a demo with more than 5k miles, but even before the policy change you were looking at a residual penalty of $5,000. Look for something with less than 5k miles as mentioned, 25% or more off msrp and the base mf is .0014 this month. Also look at my post in the RV section on how to get residuals for bmws.

1 Like

I believe that bmw does not subsidize leasing for cars with more than 10,000 miles any more. Instead of a percentage residual with a mileage reduction, it is a strict dollar based residual for such cars, which are horrible in comparison to percentage residuals.

BMW apparently does not want to lease these demos, it looks like they want to sell them. The way they have eliminated most lease support, reduced maintenance, plus price increases in April, I looks like they just want to be a niche seller, more like Porsche.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers. I found one with 3,200 miles. It is a 328i xDrive with several packages. MSRP $53,645. The residual value on these cars is currently 58% and there is a $1,500 market allowance. The dealer offers is for sale on the website for $42,702. (20% off) …Any suggestion of what type of number I should aim for the Cap Cost (prior to dealer fees, acquisition, tag) to negotiate the lease?

If its a demo, there are no incentives available to the dealer. When the car was punched as a demo they took the manufacturer incentives at that time. That being said i would not settle for less than 25% off.

I have a lease deal on the table for a 2016 340i ‘demo’ that I would love your feedback on.

2016 340i
2,600 miles
$59k MSRP
$48k Selling Price

36 months + 10k miles/year
$1k total due at signing
$549/month (includes tax)

They are basically at what appears to be a 19% discount after a bit of negotiating…and claim its as low as they can go. I was hoping for atleast a 20% discount which should get the number to about $540/month…but maybe it’s not worth nickle and diming at this stage?

I have a few other deals from other dealerships on similarly equipped 2016 340i’s with very low miles (50-100 miles) on them at are coming in between $530-540 after negotiating. But the above vehicle is a better match for the specs I’m looking for.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

That must be a fully loaded 3 series to reach such a high MSRP. People have been getting 2016 535s for much less than your quote. If you really want the 340 though, max out the MSDs and you’ll be closer to $500/month.

Is it true that from next month BMW cannot lease 2016’s anymore?