BMW Executive Demo category Z?

In California w/ Crap tax rate but found an Executive Demo with under 100 miles. It has 14 miles on it. It was ordered for a GM who never took. I had a conversation with one of the sales manager and he let out that it was called a “category Z” and I don’t know what that means.

I deduced that the car was ordered - and either the GM/ RM left the company and the car sat on the lot. It was a 6 speed manual, but otherwise a fine car with 14 miles…

Any one have insight on the Demo world for BMW? Thank you.

You didn’t mention its year, but assuming it’s a 2020/2021 it should be leasable.

There has been crosstalk the past month about changes to what BMW loaners/demos are discountable. Hearing that effective Aug 1st it needs to be 3 months / 2500 miles for manufacturer support, but BMW isn’t really my beat. Plenty of others here who can comment.

Yes it’s a 2020 440 series. I was trying to understand the really low miles, but it was still getting the “demo” discount. Thanks

You have asked most of the important questions. It sounds like it’s been punched - I would ask if the warranty has started and if so what date they punched it into service.

Z is just an internal code for if the car was punched or not for the dealer’s numbers. Don’t worry about it.

2 Likes

Funny because that was the first question I asked- If it was put into service / warranty start date. It has not. So with 14 miles on it it’s basically a new car and I grinded them for discount as I know my credit tier was not over 700. So net/net I am ok with the total deal over the 36 months. Thanks for the perspective though.

Keep your related posts in the same thread.