BMW Current Design Landfill

The move away from hard A/C controls is extremely annoying to me. I heavily dislike it.

1 Like

It’s the perfect second car as an EV. And since most verts are sold in sunny places, you don’t really get the range being limited due to turning the heat on

1 Like

Oh sorry my bad I did misread that.
But I think my statement is generally true for the typical BMW buyer.

This is what I like about my eqe. Hard controls for heating/cooling with a dedicated button for the defroster as well, stereo volume, Bluetooth controls. I’d go insane driving a Tesla where everything is on the screen.

I agree with you but unfortunately BMW still has the best “touchscreen” HVAC controls of their competitors.

If it was a newer vehicle, it should have been Idrive 8.5 – If you were actually using Idrive 8.0 your dealership is terrible as that version is a complete disaster and was short lived.

The rest of your points are subjective. I make heavy use of voice commands and gesture control in my I5. I find myself touching the screen or using Idrive very infrequently.

Ah, ok. I didn’t realize there was an 8.5. Yes, my opinions are completely subjective.

Maybe it’ll be a Genesis design with Lucid EV tech and EQ pricing… $500 a month.

4 Likes

LETS GOOOO! TIME TO BE TO BE A HYUNDAI BOY! LOW TCO? NO TCO BABY!

^This statement is not meant to be an admission of guilt. This is entirely satire. For further information, you may contact my legal team at 1800-Bagholders.

That looks gorgeous. I would take one at 500 a month all day anyday. Give me them bags bro

Ugliest BMW I’ve ever seen. @li8625 wouldn’t even want this for 40% off.

1 Like

GIMME GIMME GIMME I CARE ABOUT THE PRICE! I DON’T CARE IF I’M DRIVING A PONTIAC IF ITS FREE!

It really looks fugly tho

There was another picture later on that you missed.

2 Likes

Do all you “button people” also manually turn on the AC/heat in your houses? :slight_smile:

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with touch screens and I don’t adjust the A/C settings often at all, but I still prefer physical buttons (and a properly-sized shifter even if it’s electronic). I’d rather have buttons than a model designation decal in the interior of the car (see: X5)…

Looks like the new X3 borrowed some design cues from the iX. Not fugly but certainly not better than the current gen. I don’t like any of the new designs at this point… The G60 5 series isn’t horrible but I much prefer the G30. Maybe it’s time to buy used and hope for the best?

Ouch, the current one is actually good looking, a rarity for BMW current design.

What a curious design choice for The Official Car of Realtors™

1 Like

Kinda wild to watch a brand just constantly implode design wise over and over and over