BMW Modifying 3rd Party Buyout Info Request Effective 6/25

Done! Thanks to everyone for clearing things up!

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Yep that’s the self generated one!

I called and had them send me the dealer one and it only took 5mins

Despite all this I have bubble guts until my account shows paid.

Although I called the wonderful person at GMTV who assured me we are just fine

2 Likes

Just to confirm - BMW isn’t starting to inflate payoffs for dealers? I wish they kept things simple and left the payoff applicable to “all parties”

Here’s a hypothetical.

If you are stuck with only selling back to a BMW dealer or, if you have made all the payments and are grounding the vehicle, does this give any extra leverage for money off a new BMW?

The “winning” dealership would likely make more money from reselling the returned car, whether they settle the account or buy the car back from BMW finance. So they should be fighting harder to get your returned car.

As of today, both quotes were the same for me, but you are right that this may not always remain this way.

Edit: appears to be others’ recent experience too:

1 Like

Yes. You could split or negotiate the share of value in half (market value - quotes from shift/carvana and payoff). Remember limited number of dealers means they have more negotiation power. Also, now you are negotiating on another dimension. You tend to lose more often than the dealer with such complexity

Same man same

2 Likes

I think they did it for the right reasons, the confusion over the sales tax a customer pays versus a dealer has caused problems.

Where did you hear/read this about GM? I just sold mine 3 weeks ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/o6f6vn/gm_financial_lease_buyout_heads_up/

2 Likes

Glad I got mine done in time

1 Like

Waiting for the Obligatory, ‘I’ll Never Lease from BMW again’ posts.

5 Likes

I’m waiting for the people saying Audi is the devil for charging market rate to be glad they’ll at least allow buy outs.

@chevysalesgirl Also had a post indicating that she thought this was coming the other day.

BMW is now officially suspending 3rd parties effective 6/25

Note has gone out to dealers

6 Likes

Any chance there’s a copy of the note floating around? Curious to see the language and any context they might add.

I’m not comfortable sharing but I’m sure it’ll come up elsewhere

Sorry

Fair enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Curious if you’re still fine with your sale to GMTV since I’m in a similar situation with the deal signed but payment not being made yet.