BMW College Grad Problem -3 months after signing

The thing is she has one class left to get her diploma she is going to be taking that class this month or next however does not want to ask for the grad letter as she doesn’t want to put pressure on her situation, she was given an exception to take this class because of work situation

I wanted to see how the document looks like and what it states so she could ask for a similar one

Never had the same experience as you, but I know all the CAs I work with are extremely strict on ensuring the grad rebate meets the requirements from BMWFS. It is going to be very difficult to circumvent this

Alright, so will go ahead and ask the college for a letter stating an expected date of graduation hopefully that works

Return the car and broker another one for yourself for free.

4 Likes

And pick it up again at the end of Oct as an “executive demo”

Lol I wish that was possible, the cars already registered under me though lol

It is not yet registered to you as far as BMW is concerned, as the deal has not yet been funded by BMWFS. If you return the car, the dealer will likely have no option other than to punch it as a demo. I would either A) provide the neccessary documentation or B) return the car. Making a “payment” directly to the dealer is unheard of.

1 Like

Holy crap; what a run-on sentence.

Anyway, this makes no sense. Classes go by semesters, unless you’re at a school that does quarters, which is very few of them. Either way, you can’t just take a class one month or another, unless things have drastically changed since I was in school…but they kind of have with the reliance on email, further development of the internet, etc., which means it should be beyond easy to contact the registrar.

1 Like

On the payments issue we had a couple of BMWs that dealer messed up the numbers so BMWFS would not accept it (a few cents would not add up) they had to send the documents by UPS 2-3 times for me to sign again. They offered to do the payments in the meantime. Later I got a letter from BMWFS that said dealer has made two payments on your behalf and please repay them ( technically first payment was by me DAS).
For the payments just tell them you will pay the bills when you get it from BMWFS.

2 Likes

Do they usually call the school or is the document is all they need ?

Don’t know if they ended up calling the school later to verify but during the deal signing, all I had to do was to show them my degree with graduation date on it.

Just the proper documentation is all they need. I would also suggest not forging anything just in case they do check because BMW FS will just red flag your info and potentially not lease a car to you.