Bmw College Grad Credit (Med Students)

Can I use the fact that my fiancee is a recent grad to get a discount? Or does her name have to be on the car for me to get the discount?

Her name. You could have her co-sign

1 Like

Try reaching out to the GME office, not program director.

Deans, PD, GME, admin are all likely to be buried in COVID unless the hospital is not yet in the thick of things. Google the town and county. Where is it? If still safe, probably won’t be much of a burden. If not, wait for the onboarding emails that should start soon and just reply to the admin with a request for documentation.

Every OEM I’ve ever looked up clearly states the eligibility requirements for their grad rebates. You need to look that up. She might even need to be primary

Thanks.

The issue for me was that the guidelines are not specific as to the documentation needed to satisfy each requirement. For instance, BMW says that you can qualify if you are within six months of graduation and have a verifiable offer of employment. Based on prior forum posts, I had expected the match letter to suffice as a verifiable offer of employment. But it was ultimately not accepted, and a letter from the program director with start date, salary, and payment term (e.g., biweekly) was required.

So that others on the forum can benefit, I am sharing below my experience on obtaining the BMW College Grad Credit based on my wife obtaining medical residency. My wife graduates in May of 2020 and received an email on March 20 indicating that she had matched into a residency program in Southern California.

Documentation Needed:

1. Official transcript showing graduation date
  2. Letter from residency program (in our case program director) indicating salary, payment cycle, and start date (in the event your official transcript does not indicate your graduation date, that should also be included in this letter)
  3. Match letter was not sufficient

Further Notes:

1. My wife was the primary applicant and I was the co-signor. She had a Tier 1 credit score and qualified for a M4CS showing an income of just over 50k/yr. So it seems that there is no issue so long as both parties have good credit, and the overall household income is enough.
  2. My wife and I have the same residence and putting both our names on the lease was sufficient for BMW to consider the overall household income.

Finally, I worked with Elmeera of BMW of Buena Park. The dealership was a bit out of the way, but I am glad I went with them. Elmeera was very patient and candid. She really pushed the finance department and others to run everything through.

4 Likes

Perfect this is exactly what I was asking before. Congrats to your wife, my fiance matched in NC so I’ll be doing the same thing there. Did BMW allow you to use her car as conquest?

Nice, congrats!

We both had BMWs. My understanding is that if they are registered to the residence where the two of you are both living, then you should be good. In order to show the two of you are at the same residence, you can provide a credit report that shows past credit activity at the shared address. Good luck!

I wonder if a mortgage will work since we are moving. I’ll have to ask BMWFS, after all this shit is over.

I got my car 2 months before completing residency. All that was required was a letter of good standing with salary and anticipated graduation date. I typed up the letter, sent it to my coordinator and she had the PD sign it. Bmw gave me zero pushback, and this was on a 7 series

Edit: I’m a dirty liar, I just remembered that I did submit them a payslip too, though they did not ask for it. This was a blurry time as I was also submitting dozens of papers for a home mortgage

Yeah, but doing when you’ve been a resident for several yrs and are about to complete residency is different than asking the coordinator to sign off on it before you’ve even started the program…

Has anyone been able to use residency graduation towards the BMW discount?

How does finishing residency fall under completing a degree?

Well a completion of a residency comes with a diploma from the GME ( Graduate Medical Education) department of a hospital. It is the point where you “graduate” from residency, hence why I asked about using it towards BMWs Graduate program. Ford specifically states that medical residency graduation counts towards their discount program.

I have been in touch with a member through private messaging who has successfully used graduation from residency towards the purchase of a new BMW for all wondering. I am going to contact my sales person and ask them to apply for it through BMW.

Honestly a waste of time replying to him, good to keep this thread updated though I won’t be done residency for quite a while tho lol. Shoot me a pm with how it goes.

I would also be interested in receiving any update on this front, although can you use the college grad credit twice in a lifetime?

Not sure honestly, I recall seeing somebody on here using college grad for his wife/gf multiple times, would be interesting to see if anyone had insight on using it twice.

Good to know. I graduated college twice: Bachelors & Masters :joy:

Upto 24 months from time of graduation. Theres no limit on the times you can use it. So as many cars as you can get in 24 months haha. I can verify that it can be used more than twice

Does anyone know if foreign U.S. accredited universities fulfill the requirements for the BMW College Graduate Program, specifically Foreign Caribbean Medical Schools that are accredited by the US?