BMW announced stop sale on all iX at port?

i technically drive 3 ariyas…

1 Like

S90 wagon looks good…

1 Like

This is all personal taste. For me, Volvo models all look better than an iX, in any term. I am not a Volvo fan at all, never had an Volvo in my life so far, and don’t have any interest to have one in the viewable future. Actually, I had a few BMWs. But the iX is uuuuuugly!

1 Like

In comparison to other EV’s, I think the IX is rather plain looking. I am not sure why the grill is so polarizing. The gold is gaudy for sure. I was seriously interested in this car, but ended up going with the Mercedes. have yet to have an electric car that wasn’t funky looking in one way or another. The IX is about the tamest of the bunch.

1 Like

Tesla Ford Chevy Nissan

The bronze thing I could live without, but overall I have no issue with the way the nose looks.

This is a matter of personal preference obviously, but everything you’ve listed has zero character, horribly plain and dated designs, but I guess that’s perfect not to stand out in commuter parking lots.

I really don’t think comparing 30K cars to 100K cars for design is a good idea. Different mindsets, different target audiences, different everything really. It was mentioned that MB is ugly, look at EQB, they basically kept it the same as GLB(?) with solid grill instead of ICE one. That’s what’s expected in the price range, no risk, non-descript cars.

I’ve been binge-reading posts for the past few days weighting my options as my F150 Lightning idea was shutdown by this forum and common sense really :slight_smile: and while everyone here is extremely helpful, there is a constant undertone of industry bias and stating personal opinions as God given truth.

Well you hit the nail on the head. You’ve got a virtually anonymous body with an incongruous grille that seems to scream “look at me”. Putting those two elements together makes no sense.

2 Likes

Haha, I like that description. Actually makes sense. I think they went with function over form. Isn’t there a bunch of sensors / cameras and shit behind that grill? Not sure why they didn’t incorporate this stuff in and around the grill like other OE’s.

The iX xDrive50 has better range and cheaper than the EQS450 (RWD) with performance and way cheaper of an EQS580. It definitely has a polarizing grill but the car itself is fantastic.

1 Like

Reviews have been far more favorable for the IX vs. the EQS SUV. It really is a shame they wrapped it in such a polarizing design.

At least Volvo makes it easier to search for recalls @zepp21
https://www.volvocars.com/us/l/recall

Polestar

1 Like

It’s a Volvo looking (are they actually Volvos or its because of the same overlords?) vehicle. I do like how they are just cars, not a wannabe rocketship of weirdness (cough…ioniq…cough), but they are not really different from Volvo lookswise.

Well, yes and no. But I just answered your question - they look pretty nice.

I love our iX (and the $733 base monthly w/no money down even more), and I think it looks great IRL in certain colors w/22” rollers and a few minor mods that I did….

But my RS etron GT is just f’ing hot :star_struck:

1 Like

Like this?

https://www.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls.html

Maybe. I replied to this weird URL:

Did you find out more details? If yes can you please share the detailed post link?

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2051579

1 Like

Pfft losers, Tesla would have OTA fixed it. Legacy automakers are doooomed.

Am I doing this right?