BMW 740i MSPORT - NJ- $563.72/mo $2k down - 0 MSD - 861 miles/month - $91k MSRP

I’ve never done a lease transfer before. I assume it’s an easy process. I had an X5 that I got rid of in December and leased a 330 MSport. I like the 330 but kind of miss the size of the X5.

Honestly I’ve researched it and over the past years it can take anywhere from a 2 weeks or 2 months. Given the state our country is in… Probably 3-4 months. Dmv’s are closed. Ohio is probably shut down.

I’m in Texas. DMV is closed to public traffic but employees are still working. Website says they are conducting business via mail, email, and phone. I guess that helps some.

1 Like

I just spoke with someone from the DMV. I can register the vehicle online and the virus should not slowed any of the process BMW has to do. Just because I’ve had friends and family lease transfer through other companies for half the price and it went quick and smoothly where BMW is slow and cost so much more.

I spoke to BMW last week as I was considering to assume a lease and they said they will send out a lease transfer package and that I have to physically walk it in to the DMV to register the vehicle.

I’m in CA, not sure if that makes a difference… or if things have changed now because of our situation.

It has always been that way, you need to use the package to register the vehicle in whatever way the DMV allows you to… You will have a title in hand and a power of attorney allowing you to register the vehicle