BMW 740i Lease End - 10k over on miles - Looking for suggestions

Hello my 740i lease is up at the end of December. Right now I am 10k over on miles (likely to be more by end of lease). At .30 a mile I am looking at over $3k in millage overage fees. Any suggestions?

I looked into purchasing the car however the buyout is 55k. The car is currently going for 35k on autotrader. Will BMW negotiate?

Any ideas help - Thanks

Have you checked your BMWFS account for your payoff? There have been occurrences where BMW did offer a discounted payoff to customers but I haven’t seen one in a while.

You should be able to buy extra mileage prior to the end of the lease at a small discount via the BMW FS website. This is probably your only out, unless you can convince a BMW dealer to make it go away when buying a new one…

1 Like

I just checked. It is showing the current payoff amount at $57k

At this rate it might be worth checking to see if they blink and offer a lower payoff or some sort of mileage waiver if you get another BMW.

2 Likes

Cant you prepay extra miles for a discounted rate? They offered that to me on my last lease.

Tell them the only way you’ll buy a new BMW is if they wave the miles

Looks like you’ll come out way ahead by paying the miles and dumping the car, am I missing something?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.