Bmw 740i deal. Can’t make the numbers from the dealership work

I’d also ask for incentives for your zip code in addition to confirming RV so you can double check the dealership once they give you a breakdown.

1 Like

If you private message @mani_is_kool I’m sure he could assist or at the very least recommend.

1 Like

Thanks. I did pm Mani but heard nothing back. He might be taking a break right now.

Hey Hi sorry, can you please send me a pm again. It may be lost in the list.
Thanks. I will get back to you tomorrow during the day.

1 Like

I was able to derive their quote. The 197F on the sheet seems to be the money factor they are using.

197f is the model code.

1 Like

Instead of everyone guessing or speculating, you need to post considerable detail. Ask the dealer for their lease worksheet and post it. Every dealer knows what a lease worksheet is as they’re required to send it to the fund provider once a deal as been consummated. Don’t let them give you garbage similar to the docs you posted above as they tell you very little.
A lease worksheet looks something like this…

Lots of data! Once you’ve posted it, we can have an intelligent and meaningful discussion. Otherwise, we’re guessing.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great input. I took your advice and I’m now working with Mani but wanted to share the lease worksheet as mentioned above. Managed to get some concessions from them but would welcome any thoughts on these numbers?

1 Like

If this lease worksheet were sent to BMW as part of the final package, they would kick it back in a heartbeat. Lots of mistakes which is why I don’t place much credence in them. I only extract and vet useful information and, then, construct a lease proposal. Do not chase after the dealer. You need to control the deal, not the dealer. Useful information is as follows…

MSRP = 98,175
MF = 0.00165
Res. Factor = 54%
Acq Fee = 925
Doc Fee = 596.20
DMV Fees = 351.50
Rebate = $1,000
Term = 36

You and Mani need to formulate a sell price (i.e., agreed upon value). I see that the original sell price in your first post is about $481 lower than what the lease worksheet shows… hmmmm. I would not make any cash cap reductions.
What the worksheet shows is $2500 cash from you plus the $1000 rebate. Tax on the total ($3500) at 8.50% is 297.50. Yet, they show cash down tax of 331.37 = (2500 + 1399.70) x 8.5% which makes no sense. The $3500 SHOULD have been allocated as follows…
$2100.31 cap reduction which is taxable
$1399.69 to be applied toward upfront fees… apparently, this did not happen. This assumes that there are $1,399.70 worth of upfront taxable fees which is not likely in order for the entire $3500 to be taxable…
I would use the useful data listed above to construct a lease proposal of your own. A lease proposal looks something like this…

Questions? Let me know.

Thank you so much for this breakdown. Some incredibly useful information for me to use!! I will take a deeper look at the numbers over the weekend.

@delta737h is that really what you send dealers when you want to lease a car?

What do you do if the say no… or counter? Or do u just walk away?

They almost always counter with a lower sell price and that’s the only focus of the negotiation. If we can’t agree, I move on to another dealer.

Glad to help!