Bmw 640GT deal evaluation

This is very far from the truth.

Dealers lose money on a single deal for any variety of reasons. That dealers are willing to take those losses is why many of us get the deals we do.

Perhaps, but in this case, when 3 different dealers were willing to match, I wonder if this deal is really a loss.

One thing I noticed that autoNation dealers were more aggressive in the pricing were others were not.

Perhaps having 60+ 640gt cars in the inventory, you get more dealer incentives. Who knows.

Compound that with the slow movement of these cars and you get a very interesting pricing.

Yes, it’s at least a 3-4k loss.

I’m not just guessing i’m telling.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you factoring the saving from not paying interest on inventory, backend incentives and perhaps volume incentives?

Is this also a “loosing” deal?

Yes of course it is.

Okay. So why do it then? Just sit on it until someone comes along and wants the car.

I am curious about this as well. I think they may lose on the single deal but end up ahead when volume bonuses are met? @GAngellBMW Is that a close guess on why these deals end up happening?

If you play poker, you know when to fold one weak hand in order to stay in the game rather than keep raising.

2 Likes

To what Ice was saying, it’s a 640GT… waiting for someone to ‘come along’ might take awhlile. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Long Game of Numbers. Volume trumps all.

Aggressive discounting certain models is the cost of doing business. Just like a lot of retail business have loss leaders.

1 Like

Did anyone end up getting a car from them? their inventory got reduced by one car :slight_smile:

I agree with you, based on my recent experience with AutoNation, they are willing to take whatever the offer (but the discount you got, I thought impossible). I bought two cars from them recently, when I drove the cars off the dealership, I wondered how they make money by selling the car with huge discounts. May be it’s part of their business strategy to be No.1 dealership in the nation.

Gretchen actually emailed me (I had requested some info on M3 a while back) and so I mentioned the deal, she involved Calvin, and he basically said “Simon’s deal was a one-off, we won’t be doing anything like that again”, and which point I said “I see, thank you.”

So either it truly was a one-off, or he’s trying to milk me for more $$. Either way, it doesn’t seem like I would get a similar deal…

Same thing happened to me.

Yeah it is a dead deal

I would like to get a good deal on a 640 GT lease. No inventory in the Minneapolis region where I live. Can I get a lease from anywhere in the country and have it shipped, or do you have to live in the region to get the deal?

You can get ti from anywhere, tax and licensing will be through your state/zip.

I agree with the “underrated” comment. Really nice alternative to an SUV. Except for those seats cringe. You will be in agony. Stay strong!