Bmw 640GT deal evaluation

Ps you picked the perfect color too

That’s is the most important thing, if you are happy then it is the best/right deal for you. Enjoy, it is a great car…

1 Like

What was the selling price? What dealer? Ive been eyeing a 6 GT as well in case i cant find an X5 matching what i want…

Nice! Also would love to know the selling price.

License plate says BMW of Freemont, Autonation.

What was selling price? And did you put MSD as well, because MF seems lower than standard. As per calculator given your numbers it should be ~56500. Was it really so?

Hi All,
so here are the exact details of the deal:

The dealership I was working in the bay area, CA is indeed BMW of Fremont.
Ask for Calvin the sales person, or Gretchen, the GM.

The sale price after loyalty rebate is 55,835.
They also covered the cost of my remaining payments, which was 1988.

If you are heading their way, mention my name (Simon) and this deal and they may be willing to do the same.
(Although they sweared that they wouldn’t be able to replicate the deal because they are “loosing” money on it, which is hard to believe)

if you include the payoff the current lease so, technically, the deal is:

MSRP: 76,060
Effective sale price: 55,835.
MF: 0.00131 (applied 7 MSD)
Cash down: 3,650 - 1988 for current lease payments ($1,662 effectively)
Monthly: 498

this is the math, including the repayment of the current lease:

Hope this helps. I got few more dealerships that were willing to match that price

4 Likes

You are a wizard! Which dealers, if you don’t mind me prodding.

1 Like

Residual was 54%?, because I was told it is 51%

1 Like

51% for 12k
54% for 10k/year

1 Like

Essentially, any dealership that is part of autoNation will be game with you on it.
the deal on the top of the thread is from Mountain View BMW, they have 3 640GT’s and will be happy to sell it.
(in case you like Carbon black with Congac seats)

1 Like

Was this a demo or brand new?

How did you get MSDs you rolled this in from a previous lease or are they allowing them again?

They started allowing them again

1 Like

because they are “loosing” money on it, which is hard to believe)

Why is this so hard to believe? :open_mouth:

Well, if they were “loosing money on the deal”, then they would not have made it.

They may have not profited according to the levels they wanted.

You see, in this case, it’s about the alternative cost for them. Meaning, as long as the car on the long, it actually costs them money. Given that there is not a lot of demand for this car, they rather to “pay you” to take it rather than keep paying the cost of retaining the car on the lot.

I did roll over the MSD’s to the car from earlier lease.

1 Like

This is very far from the truth.

Dealers lose money on a single deal for any variety of reasons. That dealers are willing to take those losses is why many of us get the deals we do.

Perhaps, but in this case, when 3 different dealers were willing to match, I wonder if this deal is really a loss.

One thing I noticed that autoNation dealers were more aggressive in the pricing were others were not.

Perhaps having 60+ 640gt cars in the inventory, you get more dealer incentives. Who knows.

Compound that with the slow movement of these cars and you get a very interesting pricing.

Yes, it’s at least a 3-4k loss.

I’m not just guessing i’m telling.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you factoring the saving from not paying interest on inventory, backend incentives and perhaps volume incentives?

Is this also a “loosing” deal?

Yes of course it is.