Bmw 430i Cabriolet Lease

“Joy” + 1% = unicorn

There’s nothing wrong with chasing a deal and being open to a lot of options, but the expectations have to be reasonable and based on good info to prevent being screwed or chasing an unattainable deal.

So the 1% rule is itself useless. I got my truck at 0.8% and my x5 1.1%. The bmw was a far better deal (I got it near the best I could have possibly done). The numbers also don’t provide any info on value of the car/price either

1 Like

The premise of this question is flawed. Choosing a different car or buying it are entirely independent of the 1% rule nonsense.

1 Like

I understand that, but since he is implying he only leases a car at the 1% or less rule, I wanted to know his process if he can’t get there.

What’s the point of trying to understand such a flawed process? He might as well have said “Heads I lease this car; tails I buy it.”

The harsh truth is that the last decade prior to Covid has been the best there ever was for leasing, with higher RV, low MF, big customer incentives and big volume incentives for dealers. There was plenty of profit at 1% so dealers were more than happy to oblige… and the “what if I can’t” question never arose.

1 Like

The beaver grill will help this car lease better, it seems like discount is already somewhat decent.

It’s how I begin my search. And it isn’t a hard 1%. I’m not sure why everyone is so upset by this. By and large, all the best leases posted on this forum are at or under 1 percent! What exactly is so controversial about saying that?

I live in la. I’m stuck in traffic most of the time. I wouldn’t take the same approach in Germany, for example.

I’ve bought cars based on deals. Sometimes I’ve been very pleasantly surprised and happy, other times not. I’ve got to choose an unknown so why not let money be the factor. It’s not a long term commitment.

Others may feel more passionately about their cars. Which is odd to me since we’re dumping them in 24-36 months!

1 Like

I think that’s the problem, if people stopped at 1% for all the etrons they’d be grossly over paying.

1 Like

Where are these tons of 1% deals that are garbage? I’m in the market for a car and I haven’t seen many on this board.

And having stipulations and exceptions is normal. I buy stuff at adidas all the time and they usually have 30% off. But Yeezy and Beyoncé’s lines are excluded. I expect the same buying cars.

Based on what? Why don’t you look at the the cars I’ve leased and posted and then tell me. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

I don’t care about getting the absolute best deal. I just want to be in the top 10-20 percent.

Thanks everyone for weighing in and providing your inputs. It really helped me with the lease.
I ended up with an ok deal. 4k down - 585 with tax and title and first month payment - MSRP 59K. Got the color and config I was looking for and feel good about the lease.
Once again, thanks to everyone for your time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats -‘share pics!

Here is a pic! Sorry it took a few days! Thanks again for everyone who chimed in!

4 Likes

Nice! Even better that you locked in a decent price. Enjoy the car!

1 Like

Could you please PM me the dealer? I am also in SoCal looking for a 4 series vert.

Thank you!
Ryan

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.