Signed - Thanks all! BMW 330i Xdrive looking for target price (NY)

, ,

Hi guys,
Can you let me know if this looks like a reasonable deal to shoot for - Looking for 10% off of an in stock 330xi in NY (Long Island). I think the Lease cash is $1,000 and conquest id $750. Thanks in advance! Here are the numbers in the calculator.
bmw 330xi NY

That should be a doable discount if you are willing to travel beyond LI to the mainland

However why would anyone spend $575/m $0 DAS on a 330i?

2 Likes

Have you looked in the marketplace?

This seems like a layup deal. I think you can do better…especially if you target a demo.

Where did you get those incentives numbers?

If you’re looking at a 2021, lease cash is $1,500, and there is no conquest.

Go west, young man. (To New Jersey).

5 Likes

I guess because I like the car?

Thanks! That came from the local dealers #s listed as a $1,750 rebate - he didn’t break it down

No problem! I would plan on $1,500, not $1,750, and calculate from there. You can confirm on Edmunds too.

Still not a very good reason to overpay. That’s M340i money. Look for a demo 330i or swap into someone’s existing lease if your credit is excellent

1 Like

Spend 50 more a month for this (although you’d have to ship)

Shipping would be at probably around 1600 bucks. If he wants to pay that and can live with a RWD car in NY (doable with proper tires) then shoot for that gorgeous M340.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

I posted this mainly because it was conveniently next up on my suggested topics and it is

Here’s another option that is a bit closer (a nice roadtrip perhaps) that would save you a couple grand

My 2 cents: Current deals suck so you should definitely comb through private transfers here, especially on a highly popular model like the 330, so you can reap the benefits of cars leased during months/years with far more attractive incentives

To be fair, this is the current market. If you want a BMW and can’t find a 2020 loaner, you’re gonna have to pay to play.

2 Likes

For lets say a random not stock but not fully loaded 3 series, do you guys think 13% off MSRP is attainable/reasonable in this market?

Pre-incentive? On a non-loaner? I wouldn’t hold my breath

1 Like

Non loaner, generally I’ve been reading 12% is like the maximum the dealers would go on a new 3 series right? Not including lease credit and college grad or corporate fleet.

Right now, even 12% is going to be rough.

6 Likes

You also have to think about the geographic location of the dealership. Leasing from out of your area for a better discount may not make sense, because then you’d either have to travel or ship. The same goes if you use a broker to get an extra 1% off, because then you’re in the same boat.

The best example of this is leasing in NY vs. NJ. If you find an NY dealership willing to do 10% off, there’s no sense in going to NJ for 11% or even 11.5% off, because you’re going to pay at least $525 more in doc. fees in NJ, which will erode the difference in the discount.

2 Likes

you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take…just saying

1 Like

Wow, this is truly valuable information I also needed to know. I’m in Manhattan and I can pretty much have the car registered either in NJ or NYC because I skip around in both.

But if lease the car NY, but then register the car in NJ, will the doc fee be the fee for NY or NJ?