BMW 330i xDrive Lease - Thoughts?

Hey guys! I’m negotiating a lease for a 330i xDrive fully loaded. See negotiated lease below. The dealer doesn’t have the exact color combination I wanted, so they agreed they would apply this deal to a custom order for me, which I really appreciated. Interestingly, they did tell me it would be delivered as 2020 model (not 2019), as they are switching the model years over in the next month. No actual changes to the car though.

They gave me two options either with or without a MSD. I’ve sent this around to a number of dealers over the upper midwest and they were unwilling to match it, but I also feel like the MF is pretty high even with the MSD.

Any thoughts?

2020 330i Xdrive (fully loaded)
MSRP $59,575.00
Discount: $4348.00
Incentives: $4250.00 (2k loyalty, 1k college grad, 1,250 lease cash)
Total Discount: $8598 (14.4%)
Final Price: $50,977.00

Lease Terms: 36-month/10k lease

Lease Option #1: $553/month
$3332 down (taxes, various other fees, first month, etc.)
MF 0.0025
Residual 61%

Lease Option #2: $519/month
$3362 down (taxes, various other fees, first months, etc)
$3850.00 multiple security deposits (returned at end of lease)
MF 0.00185
Residual 61%

Dismal discount and marked up moneyfactor. No way.

What should the discount be? I sent this over to a number of other dealers (all over the Midwest) and they said they couldn’t even match it.

Aim for $52,000 sale price before incentives.

As others have mentioned, you should try to get a bigger discount.

Usually when people talk about a fully loaded BMW, it is not fully loaded. At $59,000, I think your build is.

If it isn’t it’s damned close to being packed to the gills.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Quick question about multiple deposits. The “base” MF is already pretty high (0.0025).

Would it be reasonable to just ask for a lower MF rate (i.e. 0.00185) without multiple deposits? I guess I don’t understand why they requested this, when another dealer already quoted me at a lower MF through BMW financial.

.00165 is base.

they are bending you over with the MF of .0025.

Don’t see how that MF is even possible (aside from T3 credit) as max markup is .0004

Sorry should be 0.00205

For that price your better off going and finding a 340i on the lot.

I think the custom order is making the dealer less motivated to discount the car. I’d bet you’ll find better offers if you were a bit flexible with the color combo or packages. The fully loaded cars are a bit harder to sell for the dealer, so you’re in a pretty good position to negotiate if they already have it on the lot.

Ok updated quote. It’s still for a custom order model but I am pretty particular about what I want. Was able to increase the dealer discount and get a better money factor. It’s not killer…but for a custom order I feel it’s reasonable. Thoughts?

MSRP: $57645
Discount: $5275
Incentives: $4250
Terms: 36 month / 10k
MF: 0.0015
Down-payment: $0
MSD: $4200
Payment: $592/month with all taxes etc. Just the refundable MSD due at signing.

It’s no hacker deal, if want a deal look for a 2019, and cast a wider net

If it’s the car you want and your comfortable w the price go for it! Remember you want a specific car…which means your picky as a mother and that is something that will cost you. Are you leaving money on table?? Yea def w increased mf! But your getting what you want when you want it…that to me is worth the money

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty specific about some interior options and the benefit of a custom order is I can slightly reduce the MSRP by not ordering things I don’t want. I’m also in the upper Midwest which means limited dealers and inventory within a reasonable driving distance and I’ve found more distant dealers want to charge me a shipping fee which negates any savings on a car already on the lot.

When I custom ordered my M3, I contacted dealers all over the country and picked it up at the Performance Center in SC. You can make a little trip out of it and it allows you to cast a very wide net to get a great deal. It is also a great experience. You can only do so much with an ordered car at the start of the model year.

One thing I would check though is how much more an M340i would be with your desired spec. Given that it would include more items as standard, the difference may not be a large as you would expect, especially with a lease. Even if you don’t feel you need the extra power now, you may find yourself wanting more in a year or two.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t see why 10 percent off msrp and base mf is not possible. Those are two i would shoot for

Op I was offered 10 percent off and base mf on a m340 custom ordered. I didn’t want to wait 8 weeks and they had a grey one about two weeks away from being delivered so I didn’t have to worry. I think that should be a minimum starting pt but this was ny so no msd. I also highly recommend m340 over 330