BMW 2020 M340i First Time Lease

, ,

Thanks for the tips! Reached out to Paul Miller and let’s see what they say.

Good luck! Omar was very helpful over there. I would have taken their deal, but the dealer fees ($499) killed it for me - because I had no incentive to go out of state (farther for me, and I don’t plan on doing MSDs - I’d see higher ROI on the money invested elsewhere).

You can check with BMW Westchester too, they offered me exactly 9.1% off of MSRP on an ordered car, so I imagine they’d be more than willing to play ball if they have a unit on their floor. If you’re not too picky about the colors/options, then there’s definitely a lot to choose from. Check out the Long Island dealerships too to get a frame of reference. The color combo I wanted was unfortunately 1 of 3 in the region, otherwise I would’ve stretched negotiations out longer and pressed harder lol.

Another place that was able to match/beat others when I was negotiating was BMW Mt Kisco. They also honored the entire 1 K of the OL code I had. Deal was 10.2 % off msrp before incentives. Jason Munning was the manager, not necessarily recommending them but another data point for you. CAs were not helpful at all honestly but their management seemed to have orders to close deals. BMW Ramsey was also very responsive but their 599 docs fee killed it for me.

https://2019accelerateintoautumn.eventsbmw.com/

Worked in socal

'20 M340i Xdrive

Initial request for sale price provided these numbers from advisor (location - PA)

$62,800 MSRP
$57,095 sale price (~9.1%)
$3,000 incentives
$54,095 selling (~14%)
$295 gov fees
$144 proc/doc fees
$925 acquisition fee
60% residual

I asked 0 down but they added $1,000 CCR
Total due signing $3,077.05 (fees + 1st month + CCR + tax)…

Monthly of $623. (36/12k)

Based on my calcs (which may be incorrect), they are using an MF of 0.00176 rather than a base MF of 0.00128.
Before I bring this up with possible MSDs rather than downpayment, I want to negotiate the MSRP more.

What are your thoughts on how far I can push it next?

Reference this link. I think you can do much better

Thanks for the reference. 14+% off pre-incentive! Thats crazy good.
I was going to ask for 12% and settle at 11%

Yes just an idea would be great. I was in a market for 540 recently and its really hard to achieve above 10%
Let me know how your deal turned out! Good luck!

2 Likes

So I been shopping around on the 9.2-5% range

One offer said 4373 das and I asked what this is that doesn’t add up.
Is there a nj tax that I have to pay upfront that’s around 1574 for a 56k car

$925 Bank Fee
$699.75 Doc Fee
$304.50 DMV
$639 First Payment
NJ Sales Tax, Tire Tax & Supplemental Titling Fee covers the balance

That doc fee is crazy pays to save the $ and shop NY or elsewhere. DMV fee a bit higher than NY

Doc fee is 85 in ny but can’t do msd. The msd usually work out to more savings over doc fee but does cancel a lot out

1 Like

75 in NY :grinning:

Thank you good sir your a gentlemen and a scholar

1 Like

Oh sure don’t sweat it

1 Like

Update on my offer received. They offered 10% off MSRP + incentives for a custom build (6-8 weeks).
Or

They offered same for vehicle shown above with the below figures. I feel they should offer more than 10% off MSRP since it’s vehicle in stock but this doesn’t have laser lights so I didn’t pursue further.
$62800 MSRP
$0 down
7xMSDs
$571/month
$2100 drive off (first month, fees, taxes in fee)

Pretty solid deal I feel

10% off a custom build is solid. Throw in buy rate MF with max MSDs, incentives, and $0 dealer fees and you’re set!

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice!!! I signed my car for pickup tomorrow. I pretty much followed what people said above

MSRP 59450
-11% off at 52,910
Tax 3736
Doc fee 75
tire fee 12.50
inspection 10
Incentives (conquest/loyalty) 2000

3500 DAS and came to $565 a month

1 Like

Congrats. welcome to the M340i club. :smiley:

For all of you that have an M340i, could you share your thoughts on them from a performance perspective? My CLA45 AMG lease is up in 90 days, and this is on the top of my list. I had a 2007 328i and a 2011 335i, then a 2015 Lexus RC-F, and a 2016 CLA45 AMG. Do you think I’d be happy with the performance? I’ve watched every review I can find, but I’m still not sure. Thanks.

Honestly I think you will like it BUT the exhaust note on the AMGs (with the exhaust package) is pretty sick. I think the m340i will more than hold its own in pretty much every way even the exhaust/engine note. The 2020 CLAs look really great too though so…

I personally prefer BMWs but I think they’re both right in line with each other. Take the M340 for a spin. I think it’s super power is that it does entry luxury sedan really well and then it also does speed demon just as well when I’m sport plus mode. The CLA excels on the latter but not quite as much on the former (my 2 cents). Two great cars.

2 Likes