Bit off topic, but this best site, so had to ask... Purchase Price on Ram 1500 Laramie

I used this site in the past for my past leases and was very helpful. However, now looking to buy and couldn’t think of a better place to find good advice on it. I am looking to buy a new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with bunch of options that total to a $59k MSRP. Usually I look to Edmunds but the site is very glitchy lately (they changed the site and its terrible) and then when checked Kelley Blue Book it looked way off & v different from Edmunds. So basically the question is, barring rebates/incentives, what percentage off of MSRP should I be shooting for in this truck?
Also I live in NJ but on border of NY… am I better off going to NJ dealer b/c taxes?

Thanks in advance

I think you might be better off going a Tundra?

Thanks but just leased a Ram and loved it.

To be fair, the tundra, while a great lease value, is so far behind the rest of the competition in technology, design, etc. It’s laughable that Toyota thinks it is an acceptable product in today’s market. The current generation is 13 years old.

Have you checked TrueCar? It’ll show the average selling price of vehicles in your area, so it might give you an idea of where you can start with the negotiations.

On 2019 model two of my best deals were at 13.5-14.5% off msrp before rebates and this is the tough PNW market. One dealer said they would do $1000 bellow invoice on ordered 2020.
There is also a 7% RV difference between 19 and 20 Which covers almost all 2019 lease rebates. So with same dealer discount they should lease the same.

1 Like

I can put up with an outdated infotainment in exchange for insurance and gas money, TBH.

Probably will go the 2020 route, and shoot for $1k below invoice as Amin suggested. Very helpful.

1 Like