Beware personal lease buyout from Hyundai

GO THERE! 2k is about what you would pay in Tax Title License and time it takes.
2k is worth it.

Might want to run the math on that one as to how much more you’ll have to pay out of pocket to buy the vehicle first. If you can sell to autonation without buying first, you’ll save a bunch of tax/title transfer/etc. Even with a $2k lower offer, you may still come out ahead.

You are welcome to buy out your lease whenever you want. But if you are asking if you can send a payoff amount equal to the amount you’ll owe 10 months from now, the answer is no.

Yeah that was a dumb question but makes sense now. Well, looking ahead it lookd like I’ll be out a car while I wait for HMF to get their shit figured out and get me a title - just so I can simply sell it to the highest bidder (carmax/carvana). My next car will be a Mazda - this hyundai was a great deal but always knew I’d want something different.

I wonder if I can get a free rental via my insurance or something while I wait. This will be interesting…

Why would they do that?

Highest bidder doesn’t necessarily mean highest return, or that it’s worth the hassle.

For example, I netted more money selling my Audi to a lower bidder than Carvana/carmax with way less effort too.

Huh? Ya lost me. Why would you be out a car while waiting for a title?

I can’t drive a car w/o a title, right? Even if I paid for it…

True - I may just have to eat it. This all could be for nothing though as I’m findjng ppl who got their titles within 3 weeks of buyout. Just luck of the draw I guess

You have been driving it all this time without a title. Hundreds of millions of people are driving around without title in hand. Has a cop every pulled you over and asked for your license and title?

There may be nothing to eat. If Autonation/Rodo/Hyundai dealer can buy it out, even at a lower purchase price, you may still come out ahead because of the difference in tax liability/fees. The point is that the purchase price they’re offering doesn’t tell the whole story.