Best Way To Email Dealers

Aside from simply reaching out and asking for their best price on a vehicle, anyone have any tips or a specific cadence you use to kind of cut through the BS and get a straight away price? I imagine most dealers reply with something like “why don’t we schedule you a test drive!” etc and it takes 10 back-and-forths before you get them to quote you.

How do you email dealers to get their straight away bottom offer immediately? How about tips for negotiating via email in the back and forth?

This has been endlessly discussed … use the search function

3 Likes

I am doing the same online and using email.
The best results I have had is connecting with the dealer’s Fleet Manager.
The Fleet or Commercial/BDC manager I have dealt with are very transparent and straight to the point.

Do NOT deal with the so called Internet manager - they are just like retail sales floor people that want to get you into their dealership and won’t provide any meaningful numbers.

Thanks - what numbers are you asking for specifically? Final selling price? Lowest they can go? I’m curious what the best way to ask is to get a discount that won’t lead to them just quoting me what’s on the website.

I ask for complete numbers using the base MF, terms, and their initial selling price.

Before i ask I do research on the car - knowing your available & eligible incentives, how old the car has been sitting on the lot, and timing of the request (end of the month).

I am currently working with minimal emails with a fleet / commercial manager in the next county over and he gave me numbers as soon as I replied with base MF, terms, and incentives I qualify for.

Sent the manager a copy of my driver’s license for residency proof, registration for lease conquest, and my membership ID cards for additional discounts (PenFed, Sams, Costco, etc)…

Now we are at the negotiations stage to get the monthly lease down to what I am comfortable with…

Very nice way to deal without having to step into a dealership.

Here is how I did it…Negotiating with dealers through email?

and here is the outcome…Negotiating with dealers through email?

You cannot generalize all ISMs …some are empowered, some are not.