Best Luxury brand to lease right now

I have a local dealer that will take my current car (which seems to have very little equity based on Carvana) and l can get a $70k MSRP x5 for $799/mo if I roll my $4550 MSDs into this deal. Without that, it’s about $920/mo which isn’t too bad given that I need tires to pass state inspection and I’m up against my miles w 5 months left

Nothing special but seems $100/mo better than the other 4 dealers near me. They’re at $925ish with the MSDs used as a cap cost reduction.

There is a term called “near luxury,” and the industry definition may be different from mine, but in that bucket I mentally file Lexus (Toyota with nicer finishes; we’ve had one of each), Infiniti (which I’ve also had / enjoyed for what it was and what it cost), and Acura (never had, but it’s a Honda + lipstick).

With the possible exception of the Lexus LC, none of these brands really have anything at the top end that I would consider something “special” or “aspirational” anchoring the top of the line-up - or models where the very coolest new things start and then get cascaded down the product line in subsequent years.

Volvo is near-luxury to me also, even though it doesn’t have a down-market cousin, and Genesis will probably always be the new Buick to me.

I’m probably leaving some out, but that’s the general thinking.

4 Likes

88%/.00309 on 24/7.5K makes for a decent lease, too. If you can get one at MSRP.

soooo… everything that’s not German brand (VW/Mini excluded)? lol

disclaimer: I don’t disagree with you

Not just German, mein freund.

Don’t forget about Land Rover, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, etc., and of course the entire genre of prostate massagers (Lamborghini, McLaren, Ferrari, etc.), although admittedly we’re now veering into “sports car” territory). :slight_smile:

1 Like

prostate massagers?
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

1 Like

Ask Squirrely Dan.

Are you rolling the MSDs as down payment or MSDs? Be careful here, the old MSDs is your cash so make sure you treat it accordingly. Make sure you are comfortable with the payment with zero down and don’t try to trick your brain into thinking that the payment is low enough if you roll your equity and MSDs into the new lease. That being said if you can get an aggressive discount with the 1,750 loyalty lease credit I would consider leasing another X5. The interest is about the same on lease and purchase. The RV is low but you could potentially have some equity at the end. See if there are any events near you where you can get an OL code.

2 Likes

Ironmikey12Which lux car brand, generally speaking, “leases best” today? In other words, based on the same MSRP, which lux SUV will likely have the lowest monthly payment due to any combo of solid residual, MSRP discount, and/or MF?

Based on the LH Marketplace, I would say Lexus.

1 Like

For sure. The price is still $130/mo less than other dealers who would also take the msd toward the car. So apples to apples, all good. Not a screaming deal but as good as I’ll get. Called 4 places to match and nobody within $100/mo

What % discount before incentives are they quoting you?

7% or so. Other dealers were at 2.5% or 0. They were at 5% and came down about 2% more. Not too shabby

1 Like

Where do you get the MF/RV numbers for the Defenders? Checked Edmunds and they didn’t seem to have anything for July.

So…. In other words the only way to get a remotely acceptable monthly payment is to put down a bunch of money as CCR?

1 Like

Lease prices are brutal… I don’t really care about the monthly number but I do need a car and my current lease is about to go over miles and will need at least 3 tires. So I basically need to eat it or lease something less exciting, which isn’t exactly something I want to do. A wrangler electric would be reasonable but 0% chance my wife would drive that

1 Like

Make sure to get loaded.

Am I to surmise that you are not considering financing anything? You will only consider leasing? Sounds like you should be able to accomplish what you need while financing vs leasing.

1 Like

What benefit do you see financing an x5 x40 vs leasing it?

1 Like

I’d finance but it doesn’t seem any better than leasing. I know I don’t want to own this car after it’s out of warranty so I don’t think it really makes sense to buy it. But correct me if I’m wrong.

I financed a 430i convertible bc I will put only about 2500 miles per year on that and will gladly keep it for 5-10 years

I don’t think that you are wrong if you are set on the X5 x40. After MSDs the interest rate on the lease is about the same as finance. RV is a bit lower but it has the same impact if you finance. On the plus side if you lease you don’t pay sales tax and you get 1,750 loyalty lease credit.