Best Lease for Compact Luxury SUV in SoCal?

Genesis and X1/GLA are in completely different categories, so it’s not a valid comparison. But I agree that Hyundai and other brands offer much more for less money comparing to BMW or MB.
I suggested CX5 to OP, that I would personally take fully loaded with all available safety features over bare bones X1 and pay less.
Like it or not - a badge is the definition of luxury. Even folks, who posted here about their Genesis deals, replaced Hyundai badge with a winged Genesis. To look like a Bentley or hide Hyundai?
“Free will, it is a bitch” - said John Milton, aka Devil :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. So after two weekends spent on a number of local dealers, we’ve finally agreed to lease a BMW.

Here’s the funny part: now wife is thinking about 328i GT (1st choice) more than X1 (2nd choice), although she wanted firmly an SUV previously (this ride is mainly for her). I told her maybe we could get a 5 series for just a little more (inspired by the $336 lease post here on leasehackr, by jalimtoka), but she thinks the 5 series is too big and too old (?) for her. I believe the main reason is the head-up display that the 328i GT has, but what she doesn’t know is how cheap it is to install such things on a car (and seriously, I think it is a distraction while driving). When it comes to cars, women sometimes just can’t make sound judgement.

Nonetheless, I think we’ll go with BMW. This is going to be our first, so I have a lot of questions. The following is my plan:

Q1. Negotiate the price with the internet sales team. Any dealer/salesperson that you recommend? Again, I’m in SoCal.
Q2. I learned about loaner/demo cars from the jalimtoka post. Are these cars going to be treated the same as new cars in terms of lease, i.e., RV, MF, and etc.? Is there a limit on the mileage?
Q3. Jalimtoka claims that he negotiated about $12k down from MSRP, is it realistic at all?
Q4. What are the current RV and MF for 328i GT, 5 series, and X1?
Q5. At the end of negotiation, I’m gonna tell dealer that we qualify for corporate discount? Is this going to work? Or I need to tell them in the beginning?
Q6. Any incentives or rebates I’m missing? (I’m not a fresh college grad btw.) Do I need to register for any account/membership right now to take advantage?

Sorry I have so many questions. To make it less messy I numbered my questions. Any answer to any of my questions is greatly appreciated. TIA, fellow leasehackrs!

RV and MF of X1 xDrive 28 is 63% and 0.00136 for 2016 model. 2017 model has 61% Rv which is embarrassing. There is $2000 Option allowance right now for both 2016 and 2017 models which is similar to lease cash.
With corporate fleet discount you get another $1000 and 0.0002 reduction of MF. Your final MF with fleet MF reduction and max MSD (I think seven is max) would be 0.00067.
I think your negotiation strategy is correct. I am not sure how much discount off MSRP we should target since I am looking at X1 as well.

I don’t see 328 GT on bmw website and 330 GT is as expensive as X3… Why would you want to go in that route? it has heads up display in its tech package just like 330 GT.

There is 328GT, 330GT, and 535GT. No 528GT because 4 cylinders are not enough for the size of the car (GT noticeably bigger than regular models).

Wife wants the GT because, well, it looks better lol.

Greg Poland @ pacific BMW help last weekend with X1 and 320. Awesome deals!

Where is that deal???

This was in San Francisco

So it’s 159 plus tax with 5K down plus drive-off?

Sounds like a typical bait ad.

You can get any car at 159 a month if you’re willing to put a lot down to reduce cap cost.

everyone keeps talking about greg from pacific, even the bimmerpost/form and now here, i dont get the big deal with him or the dealership, maybe its me only but the monthly payment was nowhere near what i ended up with, reply was extremely slow and the attitude was overall unprofessional

We recommend him mostly because of bimmerfest, and also because of the people who have posted good experiences with him.

From what I’ve read, yes he is slow to reply to emails because he is very busy thanks to all of the online referrals.

Sorry the experience wasn’t as good as you’d hoped it would be.

@luxuryhackr is spot on: $5,000 down (not MSD) on a 24-month lease = $208.33/mo before you even do anything. Add the $159/mo, you are at $367.33. Then you have to add tax

+1 for Greg, he is a good man with no BS. No one sales person is ever going to be able to always give you the best offer possible. There are always cars out there that a dealer wants to get rid of.