Best Insurance Pay Out?

You can sue them for it! You’re never done—this is America, the land of endless appeals: https://youtu.be/-zNaeo8nPOo

1 Like

You’re not entitled to diminished value however if they don’t do their own discovery and find out its leased they will make you a low ball offer for it. At that point you can get appraisals for DV and aubmit them and negotiate like everything else. I got a nice check for an amazon subcontractor hitting My stelvio. Brought my final lease cost to under $300/mo

1 Like

This is an odd thread.

Just get the car fixed in the shortest amount of time with the best quality parts and work.

If your friend is in the auto body business I’m sure he knows all of the tricks to get this done

1 Like

agree, would NEVER report to own insurance in a no-fault accident. it might not impact current premiums, but sure will in the future.

My insurance company knows about the accident… I was rear ended
Is that bad? It will affect me in the future still?

Yeah probably. Why did you notify them? It’s a no fault accident

It is NOT bad if you do not go through them. Go with the at fault insurance. Like others said - any filed claim is bad, even if your insurance does not pay.

True story someone I know once called GEICO and inquired about track insurance for the day. I think GEICO said something to him like “we don’t offer that”… a few months down the line GEICO dropped him for unspecified reasons. When it comes to insurance companies-----less is more.
No fault accident claim? Still held against you down the line because apparently you have a “bad juju” when it comes cars.
Ultimately if they’re cutting a check-----> will impact you someway somehow at somepoint in the future if it’s on your own policy.

Am I better off getting the check from the other party (Elco) and then having my friend hook me up with a deal for the repairs
Or take it to a good body shop and have them deal with Elco and the repairs etc (no check)?

gamyrjay

Am I better off getting the check from the other party (Elco) and then having my friend hook me up with a deal for the repairs
Or take it to a good body shop and have them deal with Elco and the repairs etc (no check)?

Honestly op it seems like you are treating this like a windfall rather than being extremely thankful that you got lucky, it wasn’t serious, nobody got hurt, and that the other party while being at fault is also accepting fault. You should be thankful that it could have gone sideways, if the other party had ducked out or refused fault, it would adversary affected you.

You should just take your vehicle to a reputable dealer for repair, in any accident there is always more than what meets the eye. There could be possible frame damage, stop treating this as an opportunity to make side cash, and treat it like an opportunity to make your vehicle whole.

2 Likes

I’m not going to quote @lahoree ‘s entire post, but everything they said.

I would never close the insurance claim and then try wheelIng-and-dealing the repair, more often than not they find more issues, even if the car was totally disassembled for the estimate (as my last accident was, which cost 78% of the value of the car to repair, and involved 3 additional inspections/changes to the repair estimate).

I also discovered that different insurance companies get different labor rates for the same repair (in modern times, you can take your car to three different shops, and you will get almost to the penny the same estimate if they see the same damage), and I promise you the cash rate isn’t the lowest.

Be thankful you aren’t hurt, let their insurance put you in a rental and get your car fixed. Be thankful you leased and don’t own it, and hand the keys back at disposition.

1 Like

OP has two threads on the same topic, please post any updates to the other thread