Best foam/no-rinse car wash

I finally caved and got a pressure washer foam cannon. Game changer and super fun.

edit: Haven’t gotten to wash the car as it decided to rain all week but oh man does this stuff smell good. Like really strong grape smell.

2 Likes

Just got a Horrible Freight electric pressure washer, for $79 with coupon it’s pretty decent.

I’ve got the same. It works ok, but doesn’t put out enough ummph for most of the foam cannons. Generally you need a gas one to get enough flow rate there.

Well I just threw some soap in the included soap bottle and was pretty satisfied, especially for the price. It got allot more grime off than the standard hose.

3000 PSI 2.3-GPM Honda Gas Pressure Washer

https://www.homedepot.com/p/303316335

I got this on clearance at Home Depot last year for $75. Totally unreal. It was missing everything but I got a hose, nozzles, connectors for under $50. I went through 2 electric ones over the span of 4-5 years, they worked OK but nowhere near as good as a proper gas pressure washer and I kept breaking them.

1 Like

That one looks legit, Honda engine. At that price I would have snagged it too. Those are the kind of things to snag used too, where somebody forgets to run it periodically and gums up the carb. I got a Ryobi generator that way, $500 generator and I snagged it for $75, cleaned the carb and ran perfectly.

1 Like

Oh, it’s still way better than using just a hose, but it won’t generate the instagram-worthy sheets of foam that people expect from a foam canon

2 Likes

Yeah it’s fun af to foam all the cars, the kids love it. Can wash all of them in under 20 mins. I tried the foam cannon with the electric washers and it was pretty lame.

I just bought a foam cannon, too, for my Ryobi 1800 PSI washer. It is way too much fun.

Since one of my cars has a ceramic coating from the PO, I bought Chemical Guys CWS804 Carbon Flex Vitalize Wash.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about picking up a aerator since I lack immediate access to a hose at the moment

His youtube channel should not be as entertaining as it is.

1 Like

In case anyone is curious, this was my first real wash with the foam cannon and chemical guys wash. I’m pretty happy with the results.

4 Likes

Always great to see a clean ZHP… is that Mystic or Orient blue?

Mystic blue!

1 Like

Anything from Chemical Guys or Adams Polishes will be good.

My first pressure wash was also on my ZHP this weekend…I dropped by my cousin’s house…car hasn’t looked this clean in a long time

Love that blue color

1 Like

Just clay barred the Bolt and threw on the finest ceramics from turtle wax, amazing how much fall out you get on your car in less than 6 months. Although I suspect some of it was there when I got. (Oh there’s a :taco: in the background)

Here’s the next purchase, allows foam/quick disconnects for the el cheapo pressure washer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QMKHNM0/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_yn64EbQQGZ5DD

1 Like

My electric foam pressure washer does great with my foam cannon.

Yup, treat the car like you own it – ceramic coat may be overkill though but to each his own :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some people pay for the “excess wear & tear” package ($500-2000 for 24/36 months for the lease return) when they upsell you at F&I. So, as an example, if you get a curb rash on month 6, does that mean that you won’t get it repaired for the next 30 months and you can see it every day? That just seems strange – curb rash gets repaired in 1 week, period :slight_smile: Same with dents on doors, etc. – the “excess wear & tear” only helps you at the end of the lease and it does not fix these things while you are on your lease period!

1 Like

If you’re just going to hose down the car, don’t bother drying it, just go for a speed dry (as in get onto the highway and run down for a few miles at high speed and let the drop fly off). Sure you’ll still have some water spots in the end, but that’s a heck of a lot better than rubbing in abrasives into the paint.

Note that after proper washing the car with car wash soap, I still do the speed dry, as I’m going to wax the car after anyway. Probably still results in more water spots due to hard water unless I’m really muscling the cleaner wax, but I can’t be bothered to chamois down the whole car when I still have 2 hours of waxing ahead of me.