Best electric SUV car to purchase?

Look for the new Tesla MY SR+, shipping out of the new Austin factory with the 4680 battery. If you can live with the decreased range, it will be a more price competitive option, if that’s the only thing holding you back.

I still have a Prius prime available at msrp in the northeast if interested.

Jim
215-359-6836

Prius’s are now considered SUVs? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A prime at msrp might change their mind…

1 Like

I guess no Rav 4 Primes eh?

Last one I sold went for 5k over

The problem with Tesla is that their delivery dates are entirely out the window.
The estimated delivery date of the Model Y LR reservation I have updated this morning to show 9/15 - 11/10. I’m fully expecting it to be pushed out, and maybe even till 2023.

1 Like

296 Model Y have been dropped, with immediately availability, to the inventory list this month and we still have two weeks to go before end-of-quarter. You don’t need to order and wait…

1 Like

True, there have been a ton of demo and inventory drops recently… just a question of pay current prices or wait to get one at the price(s) locked in pre-hike :grin:
It’s been wild out there, MY’s and M3’s going fast

1 Like

Curious: when did you order, and how many price adjustments have there been since?

MYP - ordered 1/15, had two price increases ($1k, $3k).

MY LR - ordered 3/14, right before the $3k increase (thanks to @z0lt3c’s article share :grin:). It’s far out enough that I can plan ahead for it.

2 Likes

Order a MY LR 3/1 but decided to go with MYP - now I’m stuck paying higher price - I’m looking to take delivery of MY LR in August and flip to cash out - what’s best route. Is there a thread on LH for that?

You can edit your build configuration and upgrade to the MYP

See

https://mobile.twitter.com/sawyermerritt/status/1505374845470654467?s=21

You can come talk flipping on our discord thread;

Wow that’s great!! I had called when I got my M3 LR and they told me no but i’ll definitely try again! Thank you

Ordering a Mach-E or ID.4 at MSRP should be a good bet, provided you get the car before the tax credit expires for those respective cars. Mach-E is looking to be a six-month wait, with the ID.4 even longer. Depending on your state, order deposits are refundable, so the worst thing that could happen is you lend Ford or VW a few hundred dollars.

IONIQ 5 and EV6 are great EVs available immediately, but you’d have to find one with minimal ADM. I did see a Marketplace ad for an EV6 at MSRP recently.

3 Likes

How many of these are delivery rejects?

1 Like

I keep seeing new EV6’s out and about, and saw a delicious ‘mocha’ colored one at lunch today. The odd design is growing on me, and the 800V fast charge is highly appealing.

I expect a sharp price cut on Model Y’s next year when Giga Texas is producing 5K per week. Standard range model will be available for $10K less, with 267 mile range.

Well that’s the filing, nothing confirmed yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.