Best deal on Tacoma TRD Off Road

Looking for TRD off road 12k 2-3 year in automatic. Located in southern New Jersey. I do have to make a trade in so that is a going to unfortunately be a factor. Honker is showing 380/month, but I have seen better on here in the past. Any help is apprecied.

Take the deals that you’re finding in the other threads and see if your local dealer will match. If not, consider flying and picking up the truck, or having it shipped. If the math works out, of course.

See:

1 Like

Not sure about the August numbers, but Loberant turned me on to some incredible U.S. Bank lease numbers on Tacomas last month. The residuals varied by model, and the TRD Sport 4x4 double cab manual (84% for a 36 month lease with 10k per year for MSRP of up to $36,900 and a .00135 mf; I think 12k would have been 82%) was better than the Off Road or automatic versions. None of the local dealers that had the truck I wanted would lease through U.S. Bank, so I had to expand my search to nearby states. I signed a deal on July 31 and am picking up my truck in Ohio on Sunday. On a truck listed at $36,251, I ended up at $183/month plus tax with $700 total drive off ($225/month after rolling in ~$1,400 of VA sales tax). When I’m at the dealer on Sunday, I’ll ask for U.S. Bank’s August numbers and will find out if I can post my sales guy’s name and contact info.

2 Likes

That is an amazing deal …

1 Like

How do we get current money factors for US bank? I’m looking to lease this weekend

I haven’t found them listed anywhere online. You could try reaching out to dealers and asking if they lease through US Bank and, if so, if the August Tacoma residuals and money factors are the same as July’s were. Wouldn’t hurt to mention that you know that the July residual and mf on the manual TRD Sport 4x4s were 84% and .00135. I’ll post whatever I can get out of my dealer on Sunday, but it probably won’t be until late in the day.

With the steady stream of turn in woes with US Bank, I wonder what that experience will end up being like for a truck…

But that is a smoking deal.

Yeah, I read some of those threads. At about half the price of leasing through TFS, I figured it was worth the risk. I usually keep my cars in good shape but will try to be extra careful to avoid scratches and dings on this one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So those turn in woes, does that equate to a more marketable rate for us bank this month or a more marketable rate for tfs? Sorry, not following…

Please let me know the contact info for them. I may turn around and setup a lease also. I’m in NJ so the drive might be worth the effort.

It’s all about future risk. You get a much cheaper lease payment but if USB has the same turn in procedure 3 years from now, that means you could get dinged for a lot of stuff, potentially negating the lease term savings compared to TFS.

That being said, I would roll the dice also and do the lease. That is one cheap payment.

Go to Toyota of Hackensack and lease through Visions Credit Union. I dont have the RV and MF in front of me but I know that they beat every lender on every Tacoma trim (and 4Runner and most of Tundra). I can provide the RV and MF on Monday. They just signed on with the CU so not every sales/finance manager might be aware of the CU lease program but if you tell them that is what you want to do, they can hook up the best payments in the state of NJ on those Toyota models.

One more thing, our Credit Unions have a $1k wear and tear waiver, gap is included and we go down to 10k mi/year. US Bank offers the low mileage option but they will nickel and dime you on the back end.

@RVguy Any CU’s signed up in SoCal yet?

I think Visions runs leases through CULA. They were at 79% last month vs 84% through US Bank, which also includes GAP. I dug up a CULA lease contract online and saw that they charge you for diminution in value if you have an accident that results in frame damage–even if repaired by insurance. I’d rather take the risk of getting dinged for some dents/scratches than be on the hook for thousands of dollars in lost value if I have an accident.

It looks like you can look up a CULA residuals here:
http://residuals.cula.com

The lessee isn’t on the hook for diminished value. The lessee’s insurance is but only in the rare chance it is collected. Every lessor that I know of is currently doing this.

I’ll pull the current RV and MF for Visions and US Bank on Monday.

Maybe they’ve changed the contract, but the version I found online was different than anything I’ve seen in anyone else’s lease contract, including US Bank’s, and left the lessee on the hook for diminished value. CULA’s end of lease FAQs (screenshot below) seem to confirm that. I also came across some horror stories on Edmunds forums about people getting bills for thousands of dollars in diminished value at turn in. If insurance has already completed and paid for repairs, they won’t cover that, at least in most states. I’m not saying I wouldn’t lease through CULA, and obviously a non-totaled car with frame damage is more rare than the sorts of excess wear and tear that US Bank seems to be dinging people for, but I would take a close look at the fine print and, if it hasn’t changed, price that risk in when evaluating deals.

It sounds like US Bank’s August residuals are similar, but the MF bumped from .00135 to .00140. My sales guy is going to send me the numbers when he’s at the dealer tomorrow - turns out he came in just to meet me and do the delivery but wasn’t working today. He did say the residuals on the automatics and TRD Off Road aren’t as good as the manual Sports.

Here are the US Bank numbers I got for August:

MF All Trims: .0014
Residual for 36 month lease with 10k/year (subtract 1% for 12k):
TRD Sport Double Cab Manual 4x4 - 83%
TRD Sport Double Cab Automatic 4x4 - 75%
Off Road Double Cab Manual 4x4 - 77%
Off Road Double Cab Automatic 4x4 - 69%

I didn’t get the trim-specific price caps to apply those residuals, but I assume the manuals are still at $36,900. Toyota West in Columbus does have a few TRD Sport manuals left in stock if anyone’s interested – just ask for Dean.