Best bang for your buck EV lease?

Looking for the best bang for your buck lease on an EV in California. My budget is about 650 a month but would be willing to go up to 700 for 24 months/15k miles. I commute about 100 miles to work 5 times a week for right now. Soon will be moving closer but would love to see what you guys think would be the best option in my price range. I’m not picky about colors, options, or looks of the vehicle at all.

Nissan leaf

6 Likes

100 miles each way? Can you easily charge at work AND home?

1 Like

Not sure how polestar numbers look this month but that seemed to be a decent lease for a time.

On that note. If you’re driving 25K/yr then perhaps leasing isn’t for you. Consider a purchase.

100 round trip miles. 50 there and 50 back. And yeah I’d easily be able to charge at home

I’m going to be driving about 15k, I’m moving over to that city in a few months. I’ll definitely take a look at the polestar!

I think MF went up quite a bit since earlier this year.

This is what the lease looks like right now on a 59k MSRP AWD. Not pretty.

1 Like

Even without lease support from NMAC?

I haven’t looked at the terms this month, but a month or two ago they were cheap. Could have changed.

I had looked very quickly b/c partner’s car died this weekend (but apparently can be revived!). From Edmunds, lease terms for 24 mo/10K (no more 18 mo) are 71% RV and possibly 0.00305 MF (changes from 76% and around 0.001). I’m too lazy to do the math.

1 Like

Ouch. That does hurt.

1 Like

IF Elon cuts the price of the Model 3 LR to $54,999 to qualify for the credit you could in theory lease one for ~$500 a month +TTL.

What about those new Mazda CX30 EV? Only available in CA.

That only has like 100 miles range. Don’t think it’ll work for OP.

1 Like

Yeah that 100 mile range is a huge dealbreaker for me. It seems like such a nice car I wish it had at least 200 miles of range.

It’s a compliance car, it’s just there to meet compliance, not for actual sales.

1 Like

What does the Bolt lease for?

There’s no good bang for the buck lease right now. They’re all garbage. So the question is more about what’s the cheapest ev you can get. Nissan leaf?

Lol something Doug Demuro posted, and I 100% agree with
MX-30 - EV Range 100 Miles…Gas Range 0
Price $37,000

5 Likes

You could look at an AFG balloon loan for 2 years and then just let them take it back when you’re done. Might be a good way to work around the really high MF’s out there right now.

1 Like