Ban "Good Deal?!?" Posts in "Ask the Hackrs" Section

Can’t even rent one per day for that. :laughing:

2 Likes

How about making one thread “Stupid newbie “how’s this deal” questions” and that is the ONLY thread a new account can post in for … let’s say 3 days? AND they are restricted to 2 posts each 24-hr period for those first 3 days?

There seriously are too many absurd ones lately. $350 for a yaris? $950 for an ATS? $700 for a Rubicon? C’mon! Just a few mins of reading would tell any of these people these are stupid deals.

7 Likes

And we make them submit a blood test just to make sure they are serious about leasing a car. Give me a break.

8 Likes

Yes, that would be the logical next step after a 3-day posting restriction. :thinking:

1 Like

Honestly if it bothers you so much just skip them or move the to next leasing website.

1 Like

I open them because, on rare occasion, someone has a legit deal and reasonable question. Pretty sure I have been helping a lot of people. Besides, my suggestion is damned mild compared to others, so I’m not sure why it is ruffling any feathers.

But, pray tell, what is another leasing website with smarter posts? I’ll definitely go there. Just point me to it.

BTW, if you didn’t like my comment, why didn’t you just skip it? Hmmmm…

1 Like

Everybody in here needs to remember that the people that take these lousy deals are the reason why the hackers in here can make the deals they do. If it weren’t for them the auto industry would be out of business. So with that said, thank you newbies.

1 Like

Totally. And that’s why I have recently resorted to telling these posters to take the deal. :grin:

1 Like

Why not lock down all forums for newbies until they read the 411 page, which will have the links to the “leasing 101” as well as 10 questions they must answer correctly before accessing the rest of the site?

1 Like

This site should be about helping people and newbies. No one was an expert on day one and I bet few of us actually took the time to read through the 101on the first visit.

3 Likes

Of course. But what’s happening now is, they post typical n00b post, gets derided, and is discouraged from further knowledge. I believe there are certain things one should know before even attempting a question. What this site is and isn’t, for one.

It’s the same on every forum. Newbies take a beating- they don’t read, they don’t research etc.

I’m also a newbie. While I haven’t asked any questions, I’ve been reading this forum and the various posts every day and it’s helped me a lot. I’m in the market for a lease and the knowledge I’ve gained have definitely helped.

Does that make me a smart newbie? I don’t know.
What I do know is a lot of people are just looking for an answer quickly. How many of us have wondered something and just googled it? We do it to get the answer quickly and move on. I’m sure everyone here is guilty of that. The problem with doing that is you’re not actually learning anything by just asking for an answer but it’s the way of the Internet.

This will not change. If the consensus here is to ban newbies from posting good deals or asking stupid questions then I say go for it if everyone thinks it will make the public forum more enjoyable and informative.

Hey. Not sure if anyone mentioned, how about creating a RATE MY DEAL thread, similar to the WANTED thread. At least, that will diverge a lot of one time posters who just come here for a few hrs / days and bounce after.

2 Likes

You misspelled n00b :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you know.

1 Like

Lmao. I blame autocorrect…but spelling looks correct to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmmmm…

I GIVE YOU A 4 BECAUSE I’M JEALOUS!

3 Likes

“3 series base fully loaded $1,000/mo 5,000 down how’d I do?!”

And argue for the next two weeks justifying all his reasons :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No man. Then u just ignore em lol. Just like the Wanted thread … You only go there when you are having a bad day … I guarantee it will make u laugh or at the very least, put a smile on that face

whats worst is someone replying with advice that makes no sense for that situation.

-.00003 MF … PUT MAX MSDs!
-Youre getting 18% off? …push for 30.
-your deal is bad because i pay less on something i signed last year.

6 Likes