Autovin inspection cancelled (Jaguar)

Then ? U must have all 4 same brand ?

1 Like

In theory, yes.

1 Like

2 rims and 10 tires on my WRX lease, way back when. Gotta love AWD.

1 Like

I just lost a brand new set with 3500 miles because I couldn’t find a replacement and didn’t have the time to locate one and wait for delivery, as I needed them (no spare). I have 3 to sell on Craigslist now. 1 month later, lost another one to another pothole. The other 3 were barely broken in so I snuck a new one on. 5 new tires in less than a quarter. I’m doing my part to keep Goodyear afloat.

1 Like

Thanks, all. Ethanjlr, I was hoping you would chime in. Will the $1000 allowance cover the tires, or are they excluded? Checked with my fancy new gauge and the rears are around 3/32 in the middle and 4.5 on the edges. I might as well drive it like I stole it the next few weeks and get the used tires (unless covered by the $1000k allowance). Also, any definitive word that I can replace the rear tires with same performance level tires? Thank again!

Need to find my paperwork and stop being lazy.

I’m 90% sure it applies to tires as well although I’m not completely sure. I know they measure the inside edge and are usually on the generous side with measurements.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback. A few sporty drives later and the tires are no longer close. Having a hard time finding sportcontact2 for sale used. Will they care if I put pilot sports on the rear and leave the continentals up front? What about a slightly different size upfront? I found a good enough set of 4 pilot sports locally, but the fronts are 255 versus the stock 245. Or should I just leave it as is and pay whatever they charge me? Confirmed with them today that the $1000 waiver does not cover tires.

Did you end up replacing the tire that’s on the borderline? If not, did you get charged?

They sent me a bill two days ago for two months rent. When I called up they said ignore it and the only thing due was $320 (termination plus tax). I have yet to receive the paperwork, it if that is true, it looks like they didn’t charge me. They may have and credited against the $1000 waiver, but we shall see.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. My Evoque (also Chase) has a 6 inch scratch (big thanks to flying trash container during windy days) - and is going back to Chase in June. I knew Chase allows $1000 buffer on the repair, but didn’t know it was for all leases, I thought it was only for the returning customers.

Have you tried to waive the lease disposition fee with Chase?

I am also returning Infiniti lease next week, and Infiniti Financial Services told me over the phone that they will ‘waive’ lease disposition fee ($395) due to the virus, but we shall see.

I mentioned it before turn on and there wasn’t much interest in their part. Since they didn’t charge me any excess damages, I don’t see it as worth the fight. Had they tried to charge me without the inspection, then we might have had an issue.

1 Like

Thanks for update. It’s good to see Chase being so forgiving on An F type nonetheless. And congrats on driving 45k miles in an F type. Wow!