Automatically lock old post after certain elapsed time

I mean at least it wasn’t ‘please PM dealer info!’

1 Like

Well, someone just bumped (and I closed) a year old lease transfer thread asking if it was still available.

Please tell me it only had 10 months left on the lease when it was posted :heart_eyes:

Yeah, I was thinking the same, but did not check :grin:
Edit: just checked - 5/2021

1 Like

Nah man that’s a spammer…

Hot girl pic and phone number right off the bat always gives it away.

1 Like

I look at it as a good reminder of amazing deals we have shared in this site. At least did not open a whole new thread. Nobody will reply and in one day it will go away.

We’ve added an automated warning that looks like this:

Revive this topic?

The last reply to this topic was about 3 years ago . Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.

Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?

4 Likes

Excellent. Great idea. Thank you!!

I suspect 99% of these bumped posts are by newbies finding anything to post to that is somewhat relevant to them in order to get their post counts up and be able to open their own topic. JMO, as most of the ones I’ve closed that I’ve noticed have been by someone within 8 minutes of them registering. 75% of those comments are useless comments too, like “I agree.” Sure, you get the occasional good comment in there…however it really has no relevance today to warrant bumping a post that old.

Common sense kind of plays a part in it too, but I won’t get into that.

1 Like