Auto loan hackr...best auto loan rates?

I looked at Carolina and it’s 2.49 up to 84 month with credit score above 730. Best rate I have seen might have to go with that one! Many thanks
Edit looks like the best way to join is the North Carolina consumer council at 20$ a yesr., No residency restrictions.

I financed my Tesla through them. You need to first donate and become a member to one of the organizations listed on their website to become eligible for CU membership. Then they will mail you your CU membership documents and will require you sign and mail them back as wet signature is required for membership. Because of the mailing back and forth, it will take 4-5 days to get the membership approved. Once I was a member everything was smooth and fast…

Thank you moody!! I will use them even though I am in NY. My car won’t likely be at dealer until July so I will get right on this in May or June.

Can also get light stream to beat whatever better rate you get by 10bps.

Not the Carolina Cooperative FCU’s offer since it is a secured loan. This is from Lightstream’s rate beat page:

“The Rate Beat Program excludes secured or collateralized loan offers from any lender.”

ymmv i guess they matched a penfed auto rate for me never asked if secured or not both were indicated as “used auto”

Bank of America has 2.19% on new for up to 60 months with Platinum Honors relationship (0.5% discount).

We used them for a used vehicle purchase and they went below their published rate when we put both of our names on the loan (we both have FICOs consistently in the 830-840 range).

1 Like

1.99% up to 60mos at Genisys CU for the upper Midwest.

New OR used MY2014+ as long as it’s not a refi.

https://www.genisyscu.org/loans/auto-loans?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgpWR9dz_6AIVEV8NCh06QwLyEAAYASADEgJuOPD_BwE

1 Like

such a great post…saves so much time looking at crap bank sites

4 Likes

Bankrate used to be amazing, now there are 8 sites for rate aggregation and they all stink. :-1:t2::-1:t2:

2 Likes

I can’t tell what’s an ad or real rate on those sites

1 Like

*fixed

Remember the browser pop up ads that played music and look like slot machines? Like you’re reading an article on wired and Las Vegas interrupts you? That is Bankrate now: a Pachinko Parlor

2 Likes

One of my friends wanted to take advantage of VW’s “0% APR”

After negotiating the sales price, the price went up by $1,000 to finance with the 0 APR. They claimed they had to take out the rebate for cash purchases.

I couldn’t find any such VW rebate, is there anyway of knowing if they are telling the truth?

I think that’s a real thing. For lexus, you can get the lexus rebate cash or the promo finance rate, not both

1 Like

Back in October, my neighbor got a Q5 through me at 1.9% through Navy federal.

3 Likes

60 months?

Yup. I was impressed. I didn’t realize they were that cheap, 60 months.

At least that’s what he told me…

1 Like

I would say most likely true but check the Atlas forums to confirm. Subaru has a $1500 incentive on Ascent that goes away if you use 0% financing. Same with the E-Tron, $3k incentive cannot be applied when using the 0% financing. If you are going to keep the car and pay the loan long term then 0% financing usually saves money but otherwise cash incentive upfront is the way to go…

Loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HGo8V-P5S-z4oCUiAKULrkZRFlzRHEalJqUFLiP0LCE/edit#gid=0

8 Likes

Link not working for Campbell Credit Union (Line 15). PIAG.org join link to become a member to apply for loan - the link in the comments doesn’t work.

Also, what is ACC? when you go to PIAG.org its for Printing & Imaging Association ofGeorgia (PIAG)